Vocal Coach Reacts to Marcelito Pomoy The Prayer on Wish 107.5

Posted By on November 21, 2019

Hello! Welcome to Beth Roars. I’m Beth. And today I’m going to be doing a vocal coach reacts to Marcelito Pomoy singing The Prayer Before we start you can find on facebook, twitter and instagram my handle is @bethroars And please do check out my website. www.bethroars.com Where you can see in-depth vocal technique blogs and you can also book a lesson from me I teach singing lessons in London and online I’ve had loads of requests for this guy and people keeping saying how amazing he is. I am super excited to listen to this. I’ve never heard him before. Okay, here we go. I wasn’t expecting that. It’s high, but like an angel. I mean he’s beautiful. What’s interesting is on those top notes he is really opening up. He doesn’t actually have a huge open mouth or big space in his mouth for those slightly lower notes. They are still very high. I love this light falsetto sound he’s got. It’s so pure. Okay! Ah! I love this! He’s both people! Warm. ahahah! Okay…now that I have had a little crazy fan girl moment, I can explain what is going on. I’ve got a friend who actually sings very much like this. He’s in the full chest voice and then he is flipping up into a completely different technique in this light falsetto sound which makes him sound like a girl. In his lower sound, I’m very impressed with his rolled ‘r’ I’m always impressed with that because I’m really rubbish at that, in the Italian. Lets just continue. Let’s just continue. I’m over-awed. I don’t know what to say. The transition between them is so quick! The different voice placements. Because it is completely different. Great. He’s done a lot of practice. What is interesting is that, that is as high as that sound at the start. That really flute-like girl sound. He’s placing it so differently that it sounds like a different voice. But it is actually as high. I’ve been talking about this with some friends. You can produce different tones, and this is because by the position of your larynx and all the shapes you make with your tongue and your mouth and the back of your throat here Can boost different harmonics in the sound so it can make it sound lower and warmer or light and flute-like dependant on the size and shape of the spaces anywhere between your larynx and where the sound comes out. Oh! I love it! It’s such a strong sound at the top of his range there. It’s amazing. I love it. And he’s not just flipping between head voice and chest voice He’s also flipping between classical technique and pop technique. Although it is a pop/opera sort of song. so it isn’t full classical opera technique It is so difficult to flip that quickly It’s so difficult to flip that quickly between the different techniques So he’s done a great job There is a lovely thing. He’s flipping up into a lighter sound in the man voice and it doesn’t sound like how he’s placing it in his woman voice. I shouldn’t call it that, is he trying to be the woman? He’s trying to be Celine Dion, isn’t he. He will be making different shapes to make the different sounds. To boost certain harmonics that then give him a different tone. Wow! Wow! That was so cool! I love it! What I particularly liked about him is that he could sing high without flipping into the Celine Dion voice. And, still stay as Bocelli. Oh! I loved it. I really did. I might just go and show my pal downstairs. I also liked how he added little moment where it felt like I’m pretending that this is a little bit hard He’s definitely pretending. Everything is so easy, and you can tell his whole body is relaxed That is a key to singing, people think that it is all about effort And you often see singers and they look like… They have this strong angry performance face He’s achieving that sound by just relaxing and allowing his body to do what it needs to do to make the sound Tension is the enemy of singers. And he did not have any tension Thank you for watching! I hope you did. If you did please like and subscribe You can find me on facebook, twitter and instagram My handle is @bethroars You can also check out my website www.bethroars.com Where you can see my blogs and you can also book a singing lesson from me I do lessons in London UK and online if you live across the seas. Alright! See you in the next one! Bye!

1. Let's talk about the degree of difficulty of what just happened here shall we? lol First off, he's singing LIVE, with just one take…ONE. Then he's sitting down the entire time! Then he switches voices back and forth with no time to breathe. While all these are happening he's singing in Italian (which he doesn't speak) and English but his native language is Filipino. To top it all off, HE IS SELF-TRAINED while being homeless!! I mean my goodness gracious! Mad Props to this man he truly is a man of determination. Philippines should make a movie about him. C'mon Philippines where you at?

2. Marcelito Pomoy – from The Philippines ladies and gentlemen!

*Please react live on Wish Bus 107.5 to
    -"The Prayer",
    -"Power of Love",
    -"Narito Ako"

As well please react to:
    -"Please be careful with my Heart – live in Singapore",
    -"You are my Song",
    -"My endless love",
    -"Beauty and the Beast"

and please do not get surprised! πŸ™‚

He can sing duet by himself, showcasing a Soprano and Tenor at the same time. Doing it simultaneously, the change of tones and can sang both male and female parts and that was in the highest perfectly pitch jumping one octave from male voice to female voice. Dddaaammmnnn!!! This is insane, what the hell…

3. Beth. I’m totally in love with you! Very smart and your reaction on Gary V’s Spain was spot on! Now I want to fly to London and take a lesson from you just to take you out for coffee.

4. my goodness..im telling you world..im seing an angel..reacting to onother angel..isnt that beautiful.?.my GOD…so great!

5. Marcelito Pomoy – from The Philippines ladies and gentlemen!

*Please react live on Wish Bus 107.5 to
    -"The Prayer",
    -"Power of Love",
    -"Narito Ako"

As well please react to:
    -"Please be careful with my Heart – live in Singapore",
    -"You are my Song",
    -"My endless love",
    -"Beauty and the Beast"
    -"Listen" @Zirkoh

He can sing duet by himself, showcasing a Soprano and Tenor, jumping one octave from male voice to female voice. He is simply amazing!!!

6. Hi guys I got a New Youtube Channel pls help me SUBSCRIBE to my channel and I'll Subscribe to you.

7. Wow! That's Incredible! Did he Swallowed Celine Dion and Andrea B.? That's Amazing! His Talent is very unique..I'm Amazed!.😱

8. Can you react to tnt boys new single together we fly an I will always love you from there Howard California concert

9. I enjoy watching your reaction, please grant my request, can you please react to k brosas cover million years ago. By adelle..

10. HELLO????? BETH CAN I ASK YOU PERSONAL QUESTION ….. ARE YOU A SINGLE . U SOOOOOOO B-U-T–FULLLLLLL …..

11. please react to these 4 singers… beautiful arrangement, blending and riffs… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LVBqisaprY (
    Say You'll Never Go – Erik Santos with Jay R, Jason Dy & Daryl Ong – an original Filipino music.)

12. please react to these 4 singers… beautiful arrangement, blending and riffs… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LVBqisaprY (

13. One of the singers I so admire! Ever since I saw hin on tv here in our country (Philippines), I was just so amazed and became an instant fan! I'm very proud as a Filipino for his talent!πŸ˜†

14. Please also react to the amazing new comer singer/songwriter and dance choreographer from Cebu Philippines Dom Guyot's second single.. Temporary Home … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOitYKy6j1s&list=PLtZD6xEoYVUGGY3mCX448X-i5ldRCguHO&index=46

15. hi miss bethroars could you react to daryl ong cover(thingking out loud)you will love it im sure..😊😊😊

16. And while singing this great duet rendition, he is so good that he keeps checking his text messages from his fans who are telling him that he sounds great on the radio singing live. Hahahhahahah!

17. He even captures some distinctive sounds from the original singers. Listen to the Bocelli/Dion version and you'll get what I mean.

18. Hi, could you make a review on this videos of this trending TNT contestant from the Philippines, her name is Violeta Bayawa? She's a great singer @70 years old. Please please please 😭😭😭 you will not regret listening to these πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ thanks and god bless!

19. Hi, could you make a reaction on this videos of this trending TNT contestant from the Philippines, her name is Violeta Bayawa? She's a great singer @70 years old. Please please please 😭😭😭 you will not regret listening to these πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ thanks and god bless!

20. As a β€œvocal coach”….why would you refer to his Celine voice as a falsetto??!! Clearly he’s using head tone to achieve it.

21. Good πŸ‘πŸ˜Š,
    I have a norwegian girl on 13 who I think will blow your mind out.
    Angelina Jordan – I put a spell on you , A million years ago, Born to die 😊❀️
    She won norwegian talent when she was 8years old and have a soul voice like an adult.

22. you're reaction was so cute ma'am😁😁 I'm from the Philippines and I'm still watching this cover by Marcelito on Wish Bus until now year 2019☺️☺️

23. Thanks so much for your reaction
    I have a great video which i hope you will find time to watch and react also, thanks

24. Your "crazy fan girl moment"after he hit that high note was so cute. Great reaction. I've been watching different reactions to this, as I've just discovered him, and I have to say yours is my favorite so far. I started watching YOU when you did Hocus Pocus(I think that was my first one from you)

25. I love how animated you are with your reactions. One of the best reaction video I watched so far πŸ™‚ I could see that you're not just a vocal coach, but one who has passion on what you're doing. Keep it up Beth! New subscriber here πŸ˜‰

26. Hahaha your the only one i see that reaction so it means this is the first time you heard marcelino … hahaha your so true in what you said thumbs up . ….

27. you are so cute when you love what you are reacting to. this one, gary v's spain, morisette and the tnt boys. πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

28. Please react to carmelle collado bridge over troubled water and let it go, duet with coach bamboo.. thanks and more power..