THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHURCH LIGHTING DESIGN

Posted By on May 24, 2019

1. Doesn't the backlighting, especially with haze, tend to wash out the projected video on the screen? I know the projector wasn't used in this video, and I love the lighting looks demonstrated. This guide for church lighting is the best, and I have come back to it repeatedly during my research. Just concerned about whether the backlighting, with or without haze, will effectively dim the what's shown on the screen.

2. what were those lights at the very bottom that only flash one a bright light because you didn't talk about them. you can see them resting on the stage at 4:45

3. Love the vid what is the name of the song that was playing in the background when you demonstrating the light on the pastor???

4. Quick question on Moving Heads, is it advisable to have them pan and tilt during the worship experience? I do that for fast songs, but in terms of slow songs, I find myself feeling so torn between them, I feel like the added movement adds a bit of dynamic to the entire experience especially when the song peaked, but at the same time, worried it distracts people.

5. Anybody know where I can learn more about Haze? I’ve been trying to get a similar lighting effect like this but I’d like to know what’s the best liquid and Haze machine to get and how to set up so it last and doesn’t become to strong that it ends up looking like fog in the whole auditorium

6. With so many Haze machines, is there a way to determine what size machine you need? We have about a 40'x60' sanctuary, seats about 100.

7. Hi jake videos rock brother! I was wondering if you could recommend some lights to purchase like the ones in this video to light up speaker.

8. Keep working man!! May God continue to bless and protect you. Keep seeking him, and all you need he will always provide. Don’t just praise him for what he can do but for who he is!! Keep doing your thing, and always make sure that God finds pleasure in everything you do!!

9. Good day and thank you for your video. It would have been a bit more beneficial if you included technical data such as light angles, proportion calculations, light temperatures etc. Thank you for everything else otherwise!

10. Hey Jake, great vid as always. You were going to do a run down of your lighting rig…did you ever get a chance to do that?
    Just starting out with lighting and that would be massively helpful.

11. The ministry toolkit link takes me to a link (and payment requirement) specifically for church sound. I don't see anything about lights. Great video, but was hoping to get your info on the lighting.

12. Very helpful video- thanks as always Church Front! Hey there were smoke and lights in the tabernacle! Annnnnd Jesus said He is the light of the world! 💣🎤