The Dark Reality Of Celebrity Endorsed Mega-Churches | State Of Grace | Refinery29

Posted By on July 20, 2019

1. I'm sorry but If I was Christian I wouldn't go to a satanic church and then get upset when they talk down on Jesus. I usually love these videos, but I think this one was poorly made.
    For example, the girls who went to that church for a year and a half, then the church said something about overcoming same-sex desires. I mean did they expect the church to all of a sudden change their ideas about homosexuality? They said in their initial email that it was an issue.
    Churches have the motto "love the sinner, but not the sin". They can welcome you of course, but the fact that they don't agree with who you sleep with is not going to change. That's their religion. They're entitled to that. They're not saying that's ok, they're saying YOU are ok.
    Unless the church straight up said derogatory things to you, I wouldn't see the problem with them just practicing their religion. Their religion says that homosexuality is not right 🤷🏽‍♀️

2. I think the church view is pretty obvious, they follow the bible and the bible states specifically that everyone is welcome to be a member and feel welcomed and loved by the community. But to be a leader and the face of a church, those individuals have to be held to specific standards. Leaders have to be an image of God, in love, compassion, kindness, character and must be blameless. The bible states that homosexuality (not the 'im attracted to the same sex' but engaging in homosexual relationships) is a sin, just like adultery, alcoholism, lying, stealing etc. if one of those is present, one cannot be a leader in the church. In Timothy, the bible states that a person who is a leader in the church should not even drink as they are to be set apart God. I believe that this is the progressive church stance on this issue, and is the most biblically sound, per my opinion

3. A real church is going to welcome all people, they're also not going to lie to you about God's word when it comes to Homosexuality. It is a sin in the Christian Faith, you wouldn't go into a Mosque and ask the Imam to change their doctrine would you? So why go into a Christian Church and ask that? To be fair, many churches need to also be teaching appropriate heterosexual relationships as well. The point is, yes you are welcome, but you are not welcome to force Christians to endorse or accept homosexuality.

4. It doesn’t matter what church you attend! It’s all about your relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. God did not invent religion! A church isn’t a building…it’s the body of Christ!

5. VERY clearly being a Christian does not mean being a Christ follower. There is a huge difference between labeling yourself as a Christian, and following Christ Jesus' teachings.
    God addresses same sex marriage. Look into the Bible, go find what He has to say, not man. Go check out 1 Corinthians 6:9-11. But also keep in mind John 8:6-12. We are to LOVE everyone as ourselves. Be kind, show truth, spread God's word. 💓

6. I feel like your relationship with Christ is personal. Much as the LQBTQ+ community wants to be accepted and welcomed into church, if the personal relationship with God is not there, then you are fighting the wrong battle. If in your heart of hearts you believe that Jesus loves you and that God created you as you are, being accepted by people should be a none factor. As long as you are not harmed by those people in any way, then be in service of God, whether or not people turn you away from their churches. God is everywhere. Experience Him as much as you want, as often as you want. That's just how I feel.

7. A true church is Bible-based and therefore you should go by the Bible if you don’t it’s just a group meeting trying to make yourself feel better about the crap you do… do what you want but I can guarantee they skip over most of the spoken word that is in the Bible.

8. Why does the church need to change?? Why does this community insist on changing what others believe/know is right??where is your tolerance LGBTQ?? The Bible will NOT change. You need to change!! Deep down inside you know that I’m right!

9. Come as you are to CHANGE don't come as to boast your sin Come as you are so GOD CAN CREATE A NEW HOLY YOU this is spiritually demonic 2 Timothy 4:3 BEING A LIAR A QUEER A THEIF A MURDER your not a true Christian if you don't believe everything out of the Bible stop claiming it plz it makes us look bad (which was the point of this video)

10. This hurts my heart SO MUCH. The only thing that Jesus said to do was, "LOVE your neighbor as yourself!" Spoiler alert, "your neighbor" is EVERYBODY. And if you wouldn't do or say something to yourself, then keep your damn mouth shut, and just LOVE them. Being openly accepting and loving to ALL, is the #1 reason why I joined the Episcopal church. No, they don't put on a concert every morning, but we LOVE EVERYBODY!

11. Me: watching yesstyle mega hauls minding my own busines

Youtube: HEY HI HELLO YOU WOULD REALLY ENJOY: THE DARK REALITY OF CELEBRITY ENDORSED MEGA CHURCHES

12. church is where christians get God's words. The bible is clear that homosexuality is sin. it doesn't matter what people think or what society says. church should be clear about it

13. It is great that gay people are finding God but they cannot expect a church (any church, and I REALLY don't do mega churches) to skip the part of the Bible that speaks about the topic. They cannot skip past it either or one will end up on quite a shaky foundation. Having said that, we cannot judge gay people, God will work within them as and when He needs to.