The Benefits of Belief

Posted By on May 24, 2019

1. What evidence? Belief and faith are not evidence, nor is wishful deluded thinking. Just because I believe in something does not make it real. Can I not have a meaningful and purposeful life as an agnostic? Is an agnostic more humble saying "I do not know." The largest humanitarian organization in the world is secular non religious – The Red Cross.
    A religious person will say you need to be religious to be good. Little do they know they are religious because of custom, tradition and history. Are we born religious or taught to be by parents and church?

2. Your only mission is to find ways to be a longer lived more efficient replicating evolutionary cipher. All the rest is just philo/theo fluff. I don't believe that but I do believe that is all sanstheistic sophisticates have to offer.

3. The entire point to Prager U is to challenge the current popular narrative. The current popular narrative is that God doesn’t exist. So… get mad all you want, atheists, but this is literally what you get with Prager U.

4. 0:25 You DARE to compare this shitty fiction book to the amazing work that inspired millions to become better people? Damn, how brave.
    Almost as brave as Fingolfin when he challenged Morgoth.

5. It is true that having something to believe is good for us. However, why should I prayer if I don’t believe there is a god at the first place? It sounds like self deception.

6. All the atheists in the comments can't address a single point in the video but rather state we live in a delusion.

You say your life has meaning without God. Well, you can think it has a meaning but that doesn't make it so. If God doesn't exist there is no objective meaning to life. You just do what you wanna do.

7. “If gawd is reel, ten I am speshul an te wurl is gud.
    But if gawd not reel, ten I hav to come to terms wit realitee, an I dun wanna do tat.”

What a shitty video. Honestly, if you need to believe in some sort of imperceptible being creating you in order to feel good about yourself, then you really need to work on your self-esteem.

8. God creates evil because without evil, no one could be moral, duh. Life is pointless without God, says the Christian. God doesn't want you to know it exists, it wants to confuse you. All other religions are wrong, and ours is right. Athiest? Pretend you have imaginary friends, even if you dont believe in them. Talk to them regularly, they may answer back in the form of correlation, and psychosis. Lol. Lord of the rings! An epic! Itll pay off with a happy ending when you die!

9. When I left school at sixteen I knew everything, and knew that God was a fairy story, just like father Christmas. But something was lacking so I ended up searching for spirituality, slowly but surely I came back to God, nothing else made sense.
    Now, I live on faith, I don't go to church, oddly I find it full of doubters, but I guess that's the point. I do pray sometimes, usually the lord's prayer, but I have lost my fear of death. It's still scary, but that's not the same thing. I can see how having faith helps people cope with life, but I always could anyway, but I am lucky there I guess.
    And I like this video, and will share it, if it helps one person, it's worth it.😇

10. You're claim ing there's an Artist responsible for worms that eat little childrem eyes too, no only hummingbirds