Talking Politics & Religion On a First Date | Tell My Story

Posted By on August 13, 2019

thank gender is binary I think gender is fluid so I actually have a sibling that is trans so that’s a thing hey we’re gonna check I’m looking for a cuddle buddy have a thing I think it’s exceedingly attractive for somebody to be open to other people to know that they don’t know everything that’s like one of the biggest turn offs when people are like yeah I’m the smartest person in this room I’m like oh god no I think that a partner for me should be outgoing to help me get out of my comfort zone a little bit sometimes I’m stuck in my routine in my way so somebody that’s out going to help me be a little bit more flexible [Music] your name is avi and this is your story you are 24 years old for work you are a retail or store manager you grew up in Oregon you have one sibling and your culture ethnic background is white my name is Becca I am 25 years old I am a reader and a receptionist I grew up in Connecticut I have two siblings and the oldest and my cultural or ethnic background is white your name is Travis and this is your story you are 27 years old for work you are a trainer you grew up in California you have one sibling and your cultural background is a time my name is Wyatt I am 26 years old for work I am a trainer I grew up in Tennessee and I have a Noli child no siblings and my ethnic background is white not only child yeah yeah how is that I guess I don’t know any different um but I will say when I do have a family I would like to have a big family cuz being only child was cool but uh yeah yeah I guess yeah I have been in love before we were talking about riding jet skis I wanted to drive but then she wanted to drive and we have like a 30-minute like argument over this it was funny because there was like a moment silence and then she like looked over at me and she was like do you think we should be together and I was like no I don’t think so do you and she’s like I don’t think we should so that’s how that ended I am a people pleaser I try really hard to have people like me I feel like that’s why I kept getting into so many places where people were like I’m not really sure what I’m looking for and I was like okay well maybe I’m not really sure maybe I’ll just like follow you and we’ll figure it out together and that never ended well your favorite TV movie quote is how you doing Joey or friends it’s hard to go wrong with that sound you love most is ocean waves and your favorite thing about the beach is the sound of the waves my favorite movie quote is inconceivable which is from The Princess Bride if yeah this is my favorite movie it’s been so long since I’ve seen ah ah so good so it’s like inconceivable the sound I love the most is rain my favorite thing about the beach is the breeze because I’m so white it’s not like I can be out in the Sun a lot there’s only so many things I can enjoy your favorite quote I’ll be back why not the sand you love most is cicadas your favorite thing about the beach is surfing my favorite TV movie quote is laughs a garden you dig it Joe Dirt you know Joe Dirt no oh it’s a great movie I mean it’s a comic but it’s a no I mean like comedies are good yeah yeah watch it watch it don’t watch the second one there’s a second one there’s a second one Joe Dirt 2 came out like ten years later that they show yeah yeah I hate that he was reading everything I put the sound I love or one of the sounds of a most is like wait clanging Jim I like that and my favorite thing about the beach is really just being out the Sun and getting in the water a little bit I actually don’t know how to swim so sir famous with me yeah yeah yeah well I’m a Christian my parents aren’t one thing about my dad is he’s like let me decide for myself and then what let me need to be Christian well I had depression I started having panic attacks it started where I was kind of that robot in place where I didn’t have any I started praying because I didn’t know what else to do I started going to church and I just develop a relation with him and got to know it’s just incredible I have twin younger siblings one of them recently just came out as being trans so it made me question like am I really okay with this I have to be okay with this and so now I kind of feel more sure about no I really I really if you are gonna tell me that identify as being a male even if you look to my eyes completely like a woman you’re wearing women’s clothing everything like that then like that’s who you are if you have a problem with that sort of thing like sucks the sec you have a problem with me then don’t in society you think men should provide in society you think women should support you think gender is fluid you do think everyone has a right to get married in society I think well I put it like 60/40 okay I think women should maybe be more of a primary caretaker like those are just things that were better at anything that y’all are better at like just naturally but it should be about 50/50 yeah hey gender is binary I don’t think everyone has a right to get married I assumed to fit in society you think men should provide but with almost a 50/50 balance but maybe a little bit more provide I think the society think women should care take but like a 60/40 like also provide and go after their own goals and everything we think gender is binary you do think everyone has a right to get married okay well then heavy-hitter here we get in society I think both men and women should support so 5050 I think gender is fluid so I actually have a sibling that is trans so that’s a thing hey we’re gonna chat I think everyone has a right to get married all right let’s talk about religion say okay how super religious are you see this we’re here I’m not super religious you like right off the bat people think are you from Tennessee you must be uh yeah yeah I’m really pretty open and I know what I believe and I want to bring people into that but it’s not through like a hammering process it’s yeah like an invitation doesn’t it so you think gender is fluid yes did you I guess explain I don’t know I just what do you mean by binary well like if you got a yeah you got a hmm you’re a girl yeah and they were in this case yes I got good friends yeah but you don’t think everybody has a right to get married well I’m a Christian so I can’t just be like throw out everything in the Bible so like the whole love is love and I believe like love other people but as far as marriage it should be between a man and a woman in the purpose of creating a family and developing that how society should be instead of what about adoption I think it would be very confusing for their child growing up with two moms or two dads and then I mean I’m young I don’t have all the answers but well no no but it’s like interesting so have you ever met a kid who’s had like two moms or two dads no I haven’t okay so this makes more sense it’s like I have and I’ve liked seeing how they you know function in society uh-huh they do great yeah same thing no but it’s one of those things where I feel like you have an opinion because you’ve never seen it just like I have an opinion because I feel like shooting a gun I’m super against guns by the way but like I’ve never shot one I have nobody in my family like owns guns that’s like not a big thing in our life yeah so I feel like I have my own opinions on it without actually experiencing it yeah I get that [Music] [Music] so after first I guess the me before talking with you I said I would not date you after talking to you I said I would not date you and that makes it sound a lot meaner Bennett woman when I first saw you I said I would date yeah but after talking to nothing – yeah all right tell me why oh yeah why don’t you want to date me come on I’m so cool I have a real like particular taste physically it’s act like brown hair brown eyes really tan um this is like what I’m really attracted to but then afterward okay I think you’re awesome to talk to him like like you’ve seen the conversation yeah the different views not so much like follow me but just like I’m pretty picky yeah that’s all no that’s that’s something that I 100 percent cannot change like that’s nice it’s supposed to be being like your you know your personalities for shit so I yeah yeah for me I’m not particularly I’m not very picky about what people look like however my thing was actually it was like the religious thing yeah it was a lot and like I go to church and like do all that sort of thing but I have very set I guess ideas on certain things I wouldn’t want to go into something being like I want to change them that’s good yeah that’s good Wow once he talked and I was like oh he’s southern immediately in my head I was like okay so he believes this this this this but then he was surprising me and so when the assumptions people normally make actually turn out to be true how many sad I didn’t feel a little attacked like oh so a Christian so you must think this so Papa man um she was gentleman I thought I was on CNN like she was journaling me with some questions but it was a it was a good thing it wasn’t bad was it was still a good experience and she was really cool to talk to it was a it was a good there’s a good experience as we actually talked about it he was less stereotypical in my head I guess but it still kind of made me sad I was like oh you were so close cool bye say can I thank you is that okay okay great to meet you I appreciate you uh well hearing me on everything oh yeah no yeah all right have a good one [Music]

1. Wow … I am so disappointed by the comments of this video!… 😅
    I guess I'm in the minority on this one ! 😋 I understand this woman ! I understand her choice and her points of view , but I don't really like the way she explains it. The way she doesn't explain it actually 😂

(Sorry about my english 😨)

2. Do people not realize white and Italian are the same thing 😂 Italian people make it seem like they're ethnic or something lol

3. I love him! He had his beliefs, he was honest and humble, he obviously doesn't hate anybody for their orientation or gender identity, he asked her questions so he could learn more, etc. She was immediately judgmental because of his beliefs, assuming that he was hateful or something by saying, "the whole religion thing was a lot", but then saying herself that she goes to church, too! I swear that in this era, people really do base their entire opinions about who a person is, by nothing but their political views. I swear, those who claim that Christians and conservatives are judgmental are the most judgmental people on the planet. This goes to show how truly intolerant the "tolerant left" is.

4. YouTube comments give me hope. If everybody was brave enough to speak aloud in society about basic facts like BIOLOGY, that there is a female gender and a male gender, and you cannot magically turn a woman into a man or a man into a woman, and about how judgmental the "tolerant" Left is, then they couldn't continue to ruin people's lives by doxxing, getting people fired, and slandering them, and they wouldn't keep passing legislation that takes away our freedoms. I urge people to speak up and say enough is enough. Identity politics is pushing us backwards and running this country into the ground. I recommend joining the #WalkAway campaign, New Wave Feminists (a pro-life group that helps women and children), listening to Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro, and Dave Rubin, Candace Owens, and giving visibility to organizations like Gays for Trump (I'm not a Trump supporter, but just showing people that just because you have a certain orientation does not make you beholden to a particular political party). Most Americans are reasonable people who can see through the censorship, intimidation, bullshit and hypocrisy. They just don't feel free to give their opinions anymore because of the potential repercussions. But we have to be brave enough to speak the truth because things have gotten way out of control and in America, we should never ever feel afraid to speak our minds and currently, that's where we're at.

5. her: "i dont like ppl thinking they know everything"

also her: "well you have a opinion based on not having the experience i have"

6. Don’t demand people believe like you do…be kind and let them learn through kindness. This goes ALL ways.
    I like how respectful they were to each other, overall.

7. “I like black hair brown eyes and I girl with a tan” OH SO YOU SO YOU LIKE BLACK GIRLS BABY SO NO MOREEEEE🤣 I MATCH THAT DESCRIPTION

8. He’s such a NICE GUY and he’s soooo handsome!!!!😩😩😩😩💜💜💜💜💜I love that he’s Christian💜💜💜💜💜💜And love how he shared his testimony💜🙏

9. I dont know why everyone is hating on one particular side, they just had two different views but were very kind and open about it to each other. One person wasnt acting more superior than the other actually? I think they were both civil!

10. I didn't even realize that the "Everybody has a right to get married" was about gays until they started talking about it. The producers really should have specified it as "Everybody has a right to marry a member of the same sex." As it is stated in the video, everybody would agree with it, because homosexuals have always had the right to marry people of the opposite sex.

11. Glad he stood up for what he believes in! I’m sorry that her family member has a mental disability! Come on people don’t go against biology!

12. I feel like she let the religious and gender thing really change her view so much it got in the way, that made him look like his bealives are wrong smh

13. Two sexes exist- man and woman. Don’t force YOUR stuff onto me. TWO GENDERS ONLY. You can’t debate biology 😉

14. I think gender is binary but some people do deal with a genuine disorder, it doesn't mean the rest of the population is unsure though.

15. She shouldn’t have drilled him so much, but that’s quite the L there with the homophobic marriage comments and dissing trans validity.

16. Regardless of politics, as an agnostic/atheist, I couldn’t date someone who is religious like the guy on here for obvious reasons. I’ve met guys like him who say they don’t believe in gay marriage due to the Bible but who have and continue to have premarital sex (therefore it’s a continuing choice, not a “mistake”) that type of blatant cherry picking is a level of cognitive dissonance that is beyond comprehension to me. It’s easy to be against gay marriage when you’re heterosexual but it’s not so easy to be abstinent until marriage so they just condemn one but choose to do the other.

17. Not compatible. She’s very unsure of herself. Kinda homely. He’s not. She also was upset that he didn’t have the same beliefs.

18. There are only 2 genders. Trans? Sure. Trans ppl can be medically diagnosed as having gender dysphoria. But gender neutral is not a thing. It cannot be diagnosed

19. She doesn't seem bad at all. I read the comments first and was expecting her to be an ass. She wasn't judgmental at all. She was reasonable and they both were talking openly about their beliefs and confronting each other with their opposing ideas

20. both these people are so cliche…like they fit the dumb SJW and dumb Christian guy stereotype so well, it's uncanny.

21. Listen, I'm a guy with transgender/transsexual background, but I don't believe gender is fluid. She makes it seem like gender is fluid because transgender people exist.

22. I wish you guys would match people up better LOL like I know that's the point of this show but…. yeah I don't think this really matched.

23. Wtf is this comments section SP commenters are usually more progressive and empathetic. Ya'll really out here attacking this girl for her looks, even though she hella cute?

24. I never thought I could prefer someone homophobic over someone who is not, which says a lot about this woman I guess

25. “Oh you believe gender is binary, we need to talk about that…wait what do you mean by binary” 🤦🏼‍♀️

26. Explain what you mean by gender is fluid…

Her: doesn't know what to say like a typical SJW Well why don't you explain yourself instead

27. (Sorry for my english) It's so sad how people say "OmG he Is wAy to PrEttY". Imagine you would be that girl, how would you feel if people would say that to you? That's so rude. And all the transphobic people or people that are against LGBTQ+ = Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean you have to be rude about that. It's hard enough for people to be transgender cause of all the hate, dysphoria and way more. Even though you're not part of the LGBTQ+ Community doesn't mean that you have to spread hate. Start to practice what you're preaching. tolerance and love -.-

28. i know someone who was a test tube baby and she also has lesbian moms sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah i mean i do know someone lol. And its not as weird as people would think from talking to people who actually went through that.

29. I thought she was lovely and intelligent. He seemed a bit sheltered, and I understand how debilitating and isolating depression can be, therefore there’s nothing wrong with turning to religion, if that’s what helped him recover. I just don’t think it should give him agency on what rights one should have. They both seemed open to hearing each other’s point of view, even if they didn’t agree, which is refreshing.

30. I think at first he would have been attracted to her but….their was a lack of openeness on her part and some defensiveness which soured the sweet soul he could sense

31. It was a good convo as far as context but the way it flowed, or I should say didn't, was the issue. The way she brought up topics and then interrogated him was too much. The way she looked at him and the sounds she made plus she did actually make assumptions. She seems like she's still navigating the space, particularly with her sibling and may be projecting. While he and I have very differing views and beliefs, I at least appreciate and respect the way he expressed himself. Plus he is a cutie.

32. At least he gave an eloquent reason to chuck the bible out. The bible says marriage should be between a man and a woman. Mmmhmm it does… as well as genocide, rape, slavery rules, not eating pork or shellfish… I could go on. I haven't seen the end but I'm picking she will be a would/would not, and he… not sure if he would at the start, but would not at the end. Uh uh these two are not gonna work. Edit: Called it!

33. Considering she said ‘we’ll talk about that’ she really didn’t have a developed answer (or at least one that was shown) for her beliefs on gender. She seemed defensive, whilst he seemed very open.

34. He showed clearly with many of his answers that he is still a naive child, in a sence. She absolutely does deserve better and I am glad she came to the conclusion that dating him would be a very bad chiuce. She is simply too good for him.

35. I liked him, but I dont think they are suited to each other. She’s a know-it-all who knows nothing, typical liberal.

36. Did he say he didn't want to date her because of his physical preferences, after all those things they disagreed on? Damn, that's disappointing.