Stephanie: The Price a Mother Paid for Leaving Islam

Posted By on October 4, 2019

I was certain that I was going to find a
way to bring my daughters back so I got them a bunch of clothes and obviously
they haven’t had a chance to wear them yet little dresses, they love these ones
I show it to them on the internet and a princess dress, pretty, colorful dresses that I thought for sure they’re going to get a chance to wear here. They’re certainly too big for most of
those clothes by now and I used to spend a lot of time laying
them out and just looking at them. Those are really old pictures of my daughters. My eldest is Aya and my youngest is Saeeda and my youngest here, she must have been maybe three four weeks When I started to read about Islam, the theology aspect of it I guess was always kind of harder to get into but the social aspect of it the rigidity, the segregation between sexes, the role of men versus women yes, yes at 18 somehow that felt like that was the answer you know you think now of over-sexualization of kids and you think the other extreme is the answer.
No extreme is ever an answer to anything. It was difficult. In Libya, many women drive, many women work. In my husband’s tribe, women do not drive, women do work, to some extent and there are typical jobs for women right
in Libya. so you can be a pharmacist, you can be a doctor you can be a teacher and a nurse. That’s about your choices of careers right there generally speaking and where women do go
out in cars and stuff they don’t (do so) frequently and some of them go out like groups of women together let’s say to the market but it’s more rare. Typically you’re accompanied by a male. I remember one time my daughter asked something of her father and he told her no you can’t do this and she looked at him and said
it’s because I’m a girl right. My kids were young at that time not even three yet the eldest but I was like what am i turning them into,
what am i doing to them, to their opportunities in the future so I started to listen to TV and
listen to music again and include my kids in that and my husband was not
happy it’s like a no music no TV policy with my kids and I started talking
about yeah let’s put them, like we can be a mix of everything
we can be a Canadian Muslim family so no one needs to wear hijab ever again and we can put the girls into gymnastics and dancing classes and on Sundays or Saturdays
they study Arabic or Quran at the mosque and you know we can mix both
and be happy and my husband he basically figured if we raise our daughters in Canada with
me as a mom they’re going straight to hell there is no chance that
they will ever make it to heaven and you know the position of a father in Islam
the protector of his family it’s his duty to protect his kids from
me and to protect myself from me even so he started planning to basically
very cliche but bring us back home to his country and find a way to keep us
there and that’s what he did and it took him one year and a half to plan in a
way that I would be entirely convinced that there was no way we would go to his
country and stay there we were heading to Europe for him to do a PhD and all that I’m like sure ok let’s do it and sure enough he never had any kind of plans to go to France or to make it to Europe at all. It was just to find a way to convince me to enter his country At which point he had sole decision power on my kids and even me as his wife As a Canadian woman yeah I could kick up a fuss and say I’m held illegally here and Libya would have probably done like okay you can leave but not the kids the kids are they’re born in Canada they’re Canadian citizens and so is my husband actually but they’re also Libyan citizens by default because their father is Libyan so they’re Libyan citizens There is no Libyan court system that would ever say oh my god, poor girls, just take them and go He does what he’s doing to limit his daughter’s options so that they will have no other options in life than Islam I would have brought them here so that they can choose whatever they want to do they want to be Mu slim be Muslim He doesn’t want that for them, so he is taking them, keeping them there, to limit their options to one – Islam He was more generous than he had
to be. He did not have to bring me to Libya and try his hardest to make me want to stay there and be a Muslim again, he didn’t. Islamically, I deserved either
exile or death, usually death but at the least exile, there was no, you don’t leave an apostate mother with her children there’s no question of that nowhere anywhere in Islam it’s death or exile. you do not, an apostate does not keep his kids in Islam, whether it’s a male or a female so people tell me it’s just a bad Muslim. No he’s not, he’s a better Muslim than most I knew He’s just a more devoted Muslim. So eventually my husband started talking to me about traveling, me to Canada The first time he mentioned it I looked at him like I thought maybe you wouldn’t even let me out of the country and for months he just kept repeating. No, no you’re just you’re unhappy, you’re depressed, you’re miserable and it’s affecting all of us. So, I’m with my husband and we weren’t even inside Tunisia yet. We were just barely out of Libya, just barely and he took my phone. and he basically told me I know what you tried to do. I know you have custody of the girls. I know you tried to change their names and I know you have passports for them. You have like traveling papers with just your name on them and he took everything from my phone and deleted everything, left only very few pictures and told me that if I wanted to come back to Libya ever again I had to give him custody of the kids I arrived in Canada and I debated it for several weeks and eventually came to the conclusion that I
could not give him custody of the children because if there’s any chance to ever bring them back to Canada to take them out of Libya it’s because I have custody a legal custody according to Canada and
thus according to most Western countries if I give him custody it according
to all countries of the world whether they’re Western, Eastern anything
they belong to him It’s taking away any
form of influence I might have over them so I refused but the result of that is
that I’ve been here now for five years and I haven’t, I see, I see my daughter’s
through the internet only I haven’t held them in my arms. When I look at my situation
I blame myself and I blame him and I also blame Islam. If this book didn’t
exist it would be a lot harder for him to justify in his own head what he’s
doing

1. That is horribly sad. Somebody should fix this problem. Well I can’t I’m just some edgy kid. Best wishes.

2. He is extremely selfish man but what he did is not written in the koran any any other islamic book. I feel sad for you for loosing your children. He has no right to do that what so ever.

3. As Jesus said "life is like a bridge, cross it, don't inhabit it". Many will choose this life. But as God says in His books, on the day of accountability, this life will seem like a stop off at a service station.

4. see what a mess it is when you are forced to do anything in this life its not right or natural your heart and mind and soul tell you what is right.it does not matter where you are from the truth will show you and living like a prisoner is wrong.

5. I am so very sorry for what you are going through I left Islam long time ago and left my ex before I get pregnant to make sure that as an apostate I won’t lose a child of mine to him and Islam. Hopefully you will find a way to hold your daughters in Your arms. many women and men are leaving Islam, the future is bright, people are waking up to the ideology and toxicity of its teaching.

6. This is sick, a stupid religion that excepts to sell the child’s mother if she is a slave and takes children from their mothers for leaving that shit and for not excepting men’s slavery

7. A LOT of this is not Islam at all though. It’s the culture unfortunately. Middle eastern/North African Arab culture is honestly terrible, and this is coming from a middle eastern Muslim woman. This is not Islam, her husband is an awful man

8. Thank you so much for simply existing and putting your voice out there against such religious and cultural fervour.

9. This is about your husband, he simply doesn't represent Islam my sister , you're oppressed by a very ignorant man , he doesn't know about his religion. You should think again about your choice in life , it's your fault to get married to him or to even have children with him. But trust me this is not what Islam teaches us . May Allah guide you to a better way of life just keep your good heart and ask Allah to guide him and to put a mercy in his heart so you can hold your daughters again and raise them on high values of Islam. I pray for you and him , peace 💗

10. Aww so sad for you sista. I too feel your pain I blame Islam for my situation as my (ex) partner of 20years reverted to Islam and before this he had no religion he believed when you die that’s it we go back to Mother Earth and that’s it nothing more nothing less buttttt when he reverted he became a good Muslim for Islam but not for his family but he took it too far he is like 100% committed so we lost him all of him ☹️ I feel sorry for him the religion is for sure not a religion of peace. Soon Islam will run this world and then we all lose. The only reason you lost your babies who YOU created is because of Islam that’s it nothing else. The book (Quran) is a book of the prophet Muhammad it was “created” by him he was the most educated man ever born as he created something to benefit the man and man only and made the human race believe him and in him and his imaginary friend named Allah!

11. I completely understand this pain, on religious grounds when a mother is separated from her kids… I wonder why Islam is so hard on women… when mothers are so important in having a great childhood.

12. You are a lier in Islam you can't take children from there mother's
    This page only taking the most unhappy stories about muslims and spread it
    I a sure you there is a lot of Christmas did the same thing
    And Jews and every relegion have people like this guy

13. Marriage is – literally – a contract with specific rules that both parties agree on beforehand. if one party chooses to break a rule or the whole contract, then they should pay the price. The same applies if the marriage started between two atheists, then let's assume that the husband decides to become a Muslim, can he just break the rules?! or pay the price? (Muslims must ask themselves this question, will they be just and respect the original mirage contract, and pay the price? or try to force your will on others?! (يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَوْفُوا بِالْعُقُودِ))

She should have respected the original contract and kept her beliefs to herself and not tried to impose them on the children.

In any case, the father must respect her absolute right to see her children. Not just that, he should also encourage the connection and help her to come an see her children, and he must maintain that the children keep loving and respecting their mother no matter what her beliefs are, and never degrade her in their eyes. These are the Basic rights of any parent in Islam (لا تضار والدة بولدها ولا مولود له بولده) , but unfortunately, we follow what we like and ignore what we don't.

14. Death penalty for apostasy in Islam and stonning to death for adultery. But appreciate Islam is the only religion of Peace

15. My God what horror, my heart bleeds for this women and many like her, this is why I left islam many years ago !!!

16. How is a Muslim man looking to you now ladies? Do you want your children drawn back into the dark ages? If you care at all for your children take them and get as far away as you can from this insane way of life where the dogs are treated better than thier women or children. Where your daughters are sold to the most Soviet of men and are forced to perform sex acts at 9 years of age. Open your eyes.

17. Think twice??? No..?? Think thousand times before marrying a moslem man or women from moslem countries… there is no turning point until it is tooooo late..unless they can change their religion ..full stop.

18. You can not play with GOD. Living according to Islamic way is same as living according to the Law of the the country we live in. U r in Canada does not mean u don't have to follow the rules . In order to injoy Islam, one has to be a Salve of GOD. If we are halfway Muslim, then we are miserable. I am not criticising you, but I have gone through similar experience when I was not a devoted muslim. If we fully rely on GOD, and obey GOD's Laws GOD will come to our help. Being away from children is heartbreaking. I have lost a daughter, I can feel your pain.. GOD bless you.

19. The Canadian government won't step in because it would expose the sewage and filth that exist in much of Islam. What they want to do is accuse people of Islamophobia, classify Islam as a race so they can use laws meant to protect Black people from race discrimination–ironically Arab people have the most hatred towards Blacks on the planet, and push a multiculturalism agenda. The sad part is politics goes in cycles and when a right wing government rises we will have violent conflict. Instead of leaving those people where the were, the racist hateful Whites in the West masquerading as social justice warriors brought Islam to the West where it built nothing to create perpetual social upheaval

20. Ex Musims, gays and transsexuals ought not to be constantly reminded of the crimes that Islam has committed against them because some ignorant, camel trader in the Arabian desert claimed the angel Gabriel informed him that God had chosen him to spread a new religion which partly copied from Judaism and Christianity way back in the seventh century. so I agree with Quebec's ban on religious symbols.

21. Get a divorce and get married again. Keep in touch with your daughters and when you have started another family, let them know how happy you are with your new family. Encourage the first family to visit you. Stay friendly. Enjoy your new life with your western family. Do not ever go to Libya or any other Islamic country. May God bless you!

22. Listen to music, be naked, drink alcohol…. do it in your home and is between you and Allah. Don’t committed sins and don’t bring it out in public.

23. 7:58 If his book didn't exist,, it would be harder for him to justify, in his head, what he is doing… sums it all..

24. Sister say to him this Quran 2/233 ( do not harm a mother or a father by their concerning about their kids) it's forbidden

25. Muslims doesn't obeys Quran ..2/256 ( no compulsion in the matter of faith) + Quran mentioned the apostate several times and he never said kill them 2/217 and 5/54..
    Muhammad said don't believe any Hadith if it does not matches with the Quran ..because some liars will add lies to Hadith
    In the very past muslim politicians wont to preserve their empire and the workers so they made some lair said that he heard that Hadith from one to one..
    It's not logic than Quran talk about the robbery and it's punishment..and the adultery and it's punishment..why he didn't did the same with the apostate if there is really punishment serious as ending somebody's life

26. I am ex moslim, and i confirm that islam is like mafia once you decide To leave it ,you risk To loose your life and your family

27. The Quranic ideology has crippled many Muslim people. It's high time the people out grew this 7th century tribalism, and move towards Peace, Love and universal Brotherhood.

28. Religion has nothing to do with this stop blaming religion everyone has a beautiful religion it's people who are either good or bad it's your own mindset.

29. Tell those Christians fools who talk about Equality , Racism, ISLAMOPHOBIA, Religion of Peace..

That, World is stand on Biblical Values, today Peace and Harmony , Life and Leisure, Humanity and Kind Only found in Non Muslim Countries.

30. At the point it’s just a story because it’s one sided we didn’t hear her x husband and what ur making stories its might be you just wanted some exploration and also do not mix ur culture with religion Islam ☪️……..you know that Islam is a true religion and the only religion acceptable to the God …..go east or west doesn’t matter in the End Islam is the true religion ….nobody can prove the Quran wrong no body will ……but just for non Muslim read once n understand thanks

31. If all Humans realize https://youtu.be/8r-e2NDSTuE
    Then the World will be much better.
    You create your own problems with believing.
    Start to know instead of believe.

32. If you have seen the movie 'Not without my daughter' then you should know what can be happen.
    Everyone who marry a muslim and follow him to his Country, i feel no pity.

33. Never marry a Muslim man if you are not Muslim. It is unfortunate that what needs to be said to Western Christian women can not be said publicly.

34. Stephenie the method Islam spread was by force. In one day the Muslims killed 600 + Jews all men the women girls and young boys were kept as slaves and sold for wives. You must have never learned your history. They are still doing the same today. Muhammed took a little 6 year old girl home to his wife as an extra wife. He had more than 10 wives and got one of his slave girls pregnant..He bought and sold slaves. Two black slaves equal one white. The witness of two women equals one man..The Christians and the Jews have no rights in Muslim.countries. The Bible is banned in most Muslim countries and all dictatorships. Jesus came to set the slaves free. Jesus is the great liberator of women also.If any Muslim leaves islam to follow Jesus this is punishable by death. . Call on Jesus and be set free. Jesus is god’s provision for all mankind

35. The more I travel the world and meet new people and interesting cultures I realise how lucky anybody who was born in a free thinking culture is.
    If you are brain washed into a backward religious cult you are missing so so much in life.
    I feel sad for anybody who was born and brain washed into this sxxt.

36. This is an issue between the two of you and Islam has nothing to do with it . Clearly you are understanding Islam the Fox News way . I truly pray for the best for all of you .

37. Religion is not only opinion, but it is a circle within which one is probably born. Those that strive to escape religion is just as someone who rebuts humanity.

38. These stories just break my heart. It’s 2019 and we have to hear about people living lives like this.

I truly believe that my distaste for religion, especially Islam, is warranted.

I wish you all the greatest happiness

39. I grew up as a Christian in a Majority Muslim Country (Egypt), and I totally can relate to what Stephanie is talking about. I feel sad for her suffering and I really hope the situation got better, and she somehow has the ability to see her daughter. This video was done in 2016, I wonder if there is anything new with regards to her daughter?

40. So sad . Your life story made me cry 😢. Wish you all the best . Atheist from Bangladesh 🇧🇩

41. when muslim women said…islam is equal and peace…in heart, i will be laughing…not of islam..but how blind muslims are! for 1440years islam has successfully being the evil cult…so no surprise to that

42. While my heart goes out to Stephanie, no sane woman would ever marry a Muslim man, let alone actually convert to Islam.
    BTW, ever notice that it's always a Muslim man and non-Muslim woman, never (or at least rarely) the other way around? Then again, Islam permits men to marry non-Muslims but forbids women to do so, because the kids automatically (and must) follow their father's religion. Not only is this misogynistic (and hypocritical), but it totally contradicts the constant claim that Islam is a "religion of peace and love." If it truly was a "religion of peace and love" a woman's lover and kids would be accepted no matter what.

43. It's not like there aren't mountains and mountains of information about these monsters and their perverted beliefs. If you get involved with this garbage without trying to learn ANYTHING, then oh well….let Darwin take its course.

44. Just don't believe Muslim.? It 's allowed to muslim to lie if it's for the good of religion..or get their interrets ..i am ex_muslim …

45. I am Muslim and from Libya and this really broke my heart . there no law in the world or religion ecspet that . Hope you reunited with your girls soon

46. The Canadian women had made the wrong decision to convert to Islam to get married. Only an absolutely ignorant woman can do this. A woman has very little freedom in Islam. With Asian Muslims, the situation is worse. Leaving Islam was the best decision. Children will understand the peril the mother was. A Muslim man is drummed on his ears that Islam is superior, Allah looks on with favour towards Muslims, etc. Today more people are leaving Islam because they have understood that Allah is quite dumb. He understands only Arabic.

47. I know so many married muslim women who complain how their partners abuse them including marital rape. They feel so threatened and scared. One even blackmailed his wife with her images. They literally allow their partners to abuse them because of the fear from them.

48. I would like to go to heaven reasons 👉 to get 72 hoor. So that I can fuck them day and night.

I have nothing to do anything with Allah. How many personal hoor Allah have?