Ricky Gervais And Stephen Go Head-To-Head On Religion

Posted By on May 22, 2019



>> Stephen: HEY, EVERYBODY,
WE'RE HERE WITH RICKY GERVAIS. WE WERE TALKING BEFORE, ABOUT
THIS TWEET BEFORE, THAT YOU LIKED THIS TWEET THAT WAS
TALKING ABOUT HOW YOU WERE GOING IT TO GO TO HELL, THAT IT SHOULD
GET A KNIGHTHOOD. DO YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST IN A
KNIGHTHOOD? BECAUSE A LOT OF– A LOT OF
BRITISH PERFORMERS END UP, LIKE, GETTING A KNIGHTHOOD FOR SERVICE
TO THE COMMUNITY OR DRAMA. DOES THAT INTEREST YOU? >> IT'S NOT LIKE IT WAS IN THE
OLD DAYS. IF IT PLANTE I COULD GO DOWN THE
STREET ON A HORSE WITH A SWORD KILLING PEOPLE, THEN, YES. BUT IT'S NOTHING. IT'S NOTHING– GIVE ME A BIG
SWORD AND A HORSE, AND THEN I'LL TAKE IT. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? >> Stephen: TALKING ABOUT HELL
BEFORE, ABOUT THIS TWEET ABOUT YOU GOING TO HELL. AND I KNOW THAT YOU'RE AN
ATHEIST, CORRECT? >> YEAH. ( APPLAUSE ). >> Stephen: PEOPLE HAVE BEEN
DEBATING– THAT'S THE DEVIL WAITING FOR YOU IN HELL, BY THE
WAY. DID YOU WANT TO DEBATE THIS? SO RICKY GERVAIS, WHY IS THERE
SOMETHING INSTEAD OF NOTHING? >> THAT'S– THAT'S– THAT MAKES
NO SENSE AT ALL. >> Stephen: YOU HAVE TO ANSWER
MY QUESTION. >> THAT'S NOT THE TWO CHOICE S. >> Stephen: THOSE ARE THE
CHOICES I'M GIVING YOU. I'M THE HOST. ( LAUGHTER ). >> WELL, I DON'T —
>> Stephen: DO YOU WANT TO CONCEDE THE DEBATE. WHY IS THERE SOMETHING RATHER
THAN NOTHING? >> WHAT DO YOU MEAN OUT OF
NOTHING? >> Stephen: WHY IS THERE
SOMETHING INSTEAD OF WHY IS THERE NOTHING? WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE EXIST AT
ALL? WHY IS THERE SOMETHING? >> BUT SURELY THE QUESTION IS
NOT WHY BUT HOW? WHY IS IRRELEVANT. >> Stephen: ANOTHER FINE, HOW
IS THERE SOMETHING? IF YOU THINK OF GOD AS THE PRIME
MOVER,. >> I DON'T. >> Stephen: IS THERE A PRIME
MOVER. IS THERE A DEMI-URGE THAT
STARTED EVERYTHING. >> OUTSIDE OF SCIENCE AND NATURE
I DON'T BELIEVE SO. SO THE INTERESTING THING IS–
THAT'S THE THING I'M AN AGNOVELTYIC ATHEIST. AGNOSTIC MEANS NO ONE KNOWS IF
THERE'S A GOD. EVERYONE IS TECHNICALLY AN
AGNOSTIC BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW. AN AGNOSTIC ATHEIST IS SOMEONE
WHO DOESN'T KNOW THERE IS A GOD–
>> YOU'RE NOT CONVICTED OF YOUR ATHEISM. >> I AM. ATHEISM ISN'T A BELIEF SYSTEM. ATHEISM– SO THIS IS ATHEISM IN
A NUTSHELL. YOU SAY, "THERE'S A GOD." I SAY, "YOU CAN PROVE THAT?"
YOU SAY, "NO." I SAID, "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU
THEN." SO YOU BELIEVE IN ONE GOD, I
ASSUME. >> Stephen: UHHH, IN THREE
PERSONS, BUT GO AHEAD. ( LAUGHTER ). >> OKAY, SO YOU BELIEVE– OKAY. BUT THERE ARE 3,000 TO CHOOSE
FROM, YOU KNOW, OF PEOPLE — >> Stephen: I'VE DONE SOME
READING, YEAH. >> SO BASICALLY, YOU BELIEVE
IN– YOU DENY ONE LESGOD THAN I DO. YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN 2,999 GOD. AND I DON'T BELIEVE IN JUST ONE
MORE. >> Stephen: RIGHT. ( LAUGHTER )
( APPLAUSE ) >> Stephen: DO YOU DO YOU DO
YOU EVER HAVE A FEELING OF GREAT GRATITUDE FOR EXISTENCE? >> OF COURSE,. >> Stephen: DO YOU EVER HAVE–
>> I KNOW THE CHANCES ARE BILLIONS TO ONE THEY AM ON THIS
PLANET AS ME AND NEVER WILL BE AGAIN. >> Stephen: I KNOW I CAN'T
CONVINCE YOU THAT THERE IS A GOD, NOR DO I REALLY WANT TO
CONVINCE YOU THAT THERE IS A GOD. I CAN ONLY EXPLAIN MY EXPERIENCE
WHICH IS I HAVE A STRONG DESIRE TO DIRECT THAT GRATITUDES
TOWARDS SOMETHING OR SOMEONE. >> OF COURSE,. >> Stephen: ASK THAT THING IS
GOD. >> WE WANT TO– WE WANT TO MAKE
SENSE OF NATURE AND SCIENCE. IT IS TOO UNFATHOMABLE–
EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE WAS ONCE CRUNCHED IN SOME SMALL
ATOM —
>> Stephen: BUT YOU DON'T KNOW THAT. YOU'RE JUST BELIEVINGLY STEPHEN
HAWKING AND THAT'S A MATTER OF FAITH IN HIS ABILITIES. YOU DON'T KNOW IT YOURSELF. YOU'RE ACCEPTING THAT BECAUSE
SOMEONE TOLD YOU. >> WELL, YEAH, BUT SCIENCE IS
CONSTANTLY PROVED OVER TIME. YOU SEE, IF WE TAKE SOMETHING
LIKE ANY FICTION, AND ANY HOLY BOOK AND ANY OTHER FICTION, AND
DESTROYED IT, OKAY. IN 1,000 YEARS' TIME, THAT
WOULDN'T COME BACK JUST AS IT WAS. WHEREAS IF WE TOOK EVERY SCIENCE
BOOK AND EVERY FACT AND DESTROYED THEM ALL, IN 1,000
YEARS THEY'D ALL BE BACK BECAUSE ALL THE SAME TACKLES WOULD BE
THE SAME RESULT. >> Stephen: THAT'S GOOD. THAT'S REALLY GOOD. ( APPLAUSE )
THAT'S REALLY GOOD. >> SODON'T NEED– I DON'T NEED–
I DON'T NEED FAITH IN SCIENCE. I DON'T NEED FAITH TON PROBABLY
IF I JUMP OUT OF A WINDOW, EVERY OTHER TIME SOMEONE JUMPED OUT OF
A WINDOW THEY SMASHED TO THE GROUND BECAUSE OF THIS THING
CALLED GRAVITY. >> Stephen: AND THEN SATAN
WOULD BE RAPING YOU. >> THIS IS WHY I'M A GOOD BOY. >> Stephen: RICKY, PLEASE COME
BACK AND DEBATE SOMETHING EVEN MORE IMPORTANT. "DAVID BRENT: LIFE ON THE ROAD"
IS ON NETFLIX FEBRUARY 10. RICKY GERVAIS, EVERYONE!

Posted by Lewis Heart

This article has 21 comments

  1. And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

    Reply
  2. My favourite argument against theists who ask the question "How can something come from nothing?" as an argument that God must have created it is, where did God come from? Was he created out of nothing?

    Reply
  3. There is actual proof Jesus existed. Even historians can agree. And the New Testament in the Bible was written during Christ and after Christ. And the Old Testament is a prophecy of the New Testament before Christ was born. In the book of revelations it has (for the lack of better words) things that happen before Christ will return and no man will kno when but these signs ate an indication of Christ’s return and so far(for a book that’s been written a really long time ago ) things that have been said in the book of revelations have been true. Although God cannot be seen, you have to have faith, and faith is the belief of things unseen.

    Reply
  4. Is that why science has proved itself to be wrong and school books have had to be rewritten. The books didn't even have to be burned lol.

    Reply
  5. Watch this short informative video then tell me why you believe there is no intelligent design by a "creator". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4MadKPJC0

    Reply
  6. He was really good at dodging the question….how does something come from nothing? I loved also how he thought he was explaining "science" to Stephen and his wisdom about the holy books. lol hilarious!

    Reply
  7. After this i started fucking hating and not watching stephen,i never knew he was this ignorant but what do you expect from a religious person.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *