Real Christians do NOT War or Kill People — No self defense

Posted By on October 1, 2019

A true follower of Jesus Christ does not take
up the weapon to defend himself or to kill somebody else. He does not go to war. Jesus
commanded us not to resist an evil man. We read in Matthew 5:39 ”do not resist an evil
person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.” Matthew
5:39. If we follow Jesus we obey Him. He defends
His own if He so wishes. When they came to arrest Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane one
of those with Him pulled a sword and struck the high priest’s servant and cut off his
ear. Jesus told him to put back his sword, He said to him: “all those who take up the
sword shall perish by the sword.”Matthew 26:52
If we follow Jesus Christ we do not murder, we do not kill, we do not defend ourselves,
we trust in Him to look after us. A child of God does not need a gun to defend himself,
he does not murder of kill, he does not abort babies. There is no justification for a child
of God to harm anybody else. Jesus said: “Do unto others as you wish
them to do unto you.” If we do not obey Jesus Christ we cannot call Him Lord because
He said:”Why do you call Me Lord and do not what I say?”
If we follow Jesus Christ, we obey Him and we trust Him for our safety. I come from South
Africa where they will kill you for a cell phone. Many people get killed. I did not own
a gun and Jesus protected us, me and my family. But, the pastor down the road got car jacked
one Sunday afternoon and he picked up a rock to hurl it at the robbers that took his car.
They shot him in the neck and he died on the spot. My son who had gone for a stroll saw
all of this happening saw all of this happen from 40 yards away. That same son has been
car jacked twice already at gun point, he did not resist and he is still alive.
If we belong to Jesus, we trust in Him and He protects His own. If we take it on ourselves
to defend ourselves then He does not protect us. Those who take up the sword shall perish
by the sword. May Jesus bless you.

1. Romans 13 is describing the authority and responsibility of leaders. How those magistrates who defend the people have the responsibility to be a terror upon evil. If your position is to be true then anytime a law enforcement office uses deadly force to protect the innocent then they are not true Christians, and that is incorrect. Psalm 144:1 "Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:"

2. What is the difference? By definition, they are extremely different. To kill is to end someones life. To murder is to do it intentionally. Abortion, by definition, is murder.

Life is a gift. And should be protected as such. Love people and preach the gospel. What you are doing is getting caught up on small details that don't have anything to do with salvation, and it's causing division in the body. Christians need UNITY, not division. Be blessed.

3. And when you say Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you, doesn't that apply to the people who are trying to kill YOU? Jesus also talks about selling your cloak and buying a sword. My understanding of turning the other cheek is to not seek out revenge towards another that has wronged you.

What about the Jews? They are Gods people, and they fought ALL THE TIME… but God LOVES them. Just think about it.

Be blessed.

4. Is killing someone in a car accident murder then? They are still dead, and according to your argument, you murdered them.

You don't even refute what I'm saying, you just regurgitate this "so-called" doctrine. Be careful what you post, you don't want to be accused of leading people astray. Killing and murder are most definitely different.

5. Jesus also said if a man does not have a sword sell his cloak and buy one. Self defense is a natural thing. I am sorry God help David kill Golith and the many wars that his people had to go through to get to the promise land. God has told his people to kill. This 10 commandment are thou shall not Murder. Not thou shall not Kill because we would all be plant eaters if that was true. Murder it filled with anger, hate, rage. Self defense is fear and terror. God wants you to live not give up.

6. If that was not true then why is suicide the unforgivable sin? Turning the other cheek is find when it is a matter that not a knife coming in your other cheek. Paul carried a sword. You can believe what you want but I feel God wants me to live as long as I can to work for him. If someone tries to kill me (and i work at the 10th most dangerous job in America) then I fight to keep going and keep providing good works for Him.

7. I follow Jesus and go where He sends me. Jesus goes ahead of me. "If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him."John 12:26.

8. what if the thinking is, i wont kill the man trying to rape me, but maybe i can stop him in his tracks by shooting his legs… with this gun i purchased with the Lords financial blessings He gave me. i mean, i get the turn the other cheek part, but if someone is shooting at a crowd of ppl and i have the means to stop them couldnt the Lord use me as His servant to stop the threat ????? Lord i pray i never encounter any of these things.ive been wondering about this for some time now. thanks

9. If we follow Jesus then we will be where he wants us to be and nothing can touch us that He does not allow. We must stay focused on Jesus and He will direct our life according to His will. We need not worry about anything else apart from STAYING WITH Jesus.

10. If I were trying to end someone's life, kidnap or otherwise do them serious harm, I would want them to stop me, put an end to me, or whatever was necessary to stop my evil deeds.

11. Then john the baptist should have went to hell. He was a warrior priest. He fought for christians an jews an died for them. I dont believe in premeditated murder or ordered murder etc. But self defense is still something even God can understand. Otherwise he would be allowing murder of children an adults everywhere. By letting them just sit an die. Which the religion would go right down hill with those deaths. Not saying christians are evil here nothing. Cause everyday im being persecuted for being a christian. Told hateful things. I keep my faith, but I do have right to defend myself. As christians, we all die. Nobody will be there to spread the word. So to some degree even God understands there is a time we must defend ourselves. I use much of the wordbof God as my self defense. But when it comes to my child. Someone puts a knife to their throat. I would saceifice my soul to save my child. A sacrifice almost none would be willing to take.

12. No,no,no if you don't defend your self you don't love your self. There is a time for war and a time for peace. God is the same as in the times of david.

13. No btut I will defend my self with out feeling revenge or evil in my heart my brother. For god has not givin us a spirit of fear but calls the brave. I believe we can defend our lives with out feeling evil or with a heart of vengeance.

14. Christians on both sides on the self defense debate have strong points, but the bible is very clear about defending others. If you stand by and do nothing to defend someone who is helpless you will answer for it. Jesus uses his followers to do his work, and has used Christians to protect others many times. "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" I don't want to stand in front of Jesus Christ and explain why I refused to help the helpless.

15. I will give you this much, so far, you are the only one on most websites i have come across who believes we are not to defend ourselves and actually practice it when someone disagrees with you. Most, will say we are not to defend ourselves, but the minute you disagree with them, they will try their best to call you everything but a child of God and kill your character. I must say, i am surprised, i have read your comments and i don't see you coming off as arrogant, offended, attacking, or vengeful so far. 🙂

16. If you are martyred for your faith it is for the Glory of God. However you CAN and SHOULD defend yourself from an attacker. Book of Luke – If you have no sword, sell your clothiers and buy one.

There is no Glory to God if you allow vermin to take your life.  Period.

17. if im about to "die by the sword" and I know it, im gonna defend myself or family. I will not sit there and let someone kill me or my family even if it sends me to hell! I will stand my ground and defend what God created and not let a murdering scumbag take it away! F that
    …besides the bible even says u can defend yourself! type in Christian self defense here on youtube!  DiSlIkE

18. Finally someone who actually understands Jesus word. Even pat from the 700 club promotes going to war needing to kill. Which is obviously nothing of what Jesus taught. Wake up Christians, killing is ignorant and wrong…

19. You are following the Nwo And you are like sheep blindfolded going to the slaughter house. What about when just Jesus said sell your garments and buy a sword to protect yourself.

If a man intends to murder or kill me. Do you let it happen no. You fight back with the sword. He who intends to kill is sinning. Thus it is a given right to dispatch him if he try to take my like.

Open your eyes brother or it is to late for you.

20. "But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!  Matthew 22-36

21. Well done sir, the majority of Christians are brainwashed into believing that killing is o.k. Then give how "they feel about it" or what makes sense to them as an excuse instead of seeing what the bible/Jesus actually teaches.

22. Wow, poor David should have never killed Goliath huh?  Those poor people in the St. James Massacre in your country didn't deserve anyone to protect the women and children huh?  Well I guess that when I stand in front of the Lord our God I will have to ask for forgiveness of coming to the defense of helpless people. I can turn the other cheek when someone offends or threatens me but I will not allow a evil person to harm a child or woman, Period.

23. Jesus is not for his children defending themselves God told me himself to give martial arts I despised him but his words are true.

24. Jesus said to the Apostles to buy a sword – but did he say use it ? No he didn't.

In fact when Peter used the sword to cut off a soldiers ear, Jesus said for him to stop and actually healed the soldiers ear.

25. I belong to Jesus, and I fully trust in him, I don't own a weapon and do not know that even if I would own I would use it, but I don't agree with this man. In my opinion there is a time when you have to defend yourself, and there is a time when you have to fight. With other words: sometimes is a sin to pull the trigger, and other times is a sin no to.

26. Well if that's the case then our country would never have freedom….and Luke 22:37 [parphrased] says after Jesus states "When I was with you..did you lack anything? But now..buy a sword….and he was reckoned among transgressor: for the things concerning me have an end"…and also in verse 52 states "…be ye come out, as against a theif, with swords and staves?" …..justifying to use of force in a burglar situation. See Luke 11:21, jesus didn't criticize protection….The jews builded while armed Neh 4:18…If God and his people couldn't arm and defend themselves of attackers then Jesus would have never had people to come to to save…See book of Esther…..Christians must defend lethal attacks not for profession of faith…

27. I can see not defending myself in the name of being a faithful example but i can not let someone rape or murder someone else, especially a child and do nothing

28. WHY doesnt this man address the go buy some swords command, which everyone is thinking about as per this issue?

I myself have no good answer …would like if somebody like this preacher did.

29. oh come on , so I just lay down and die while someone rapes and kills my wife ? and do nothing but pray ?  and how do you feel about chrislam ??

30. Brother I know how u can see things the way u do but I know god don't want you to do nothing while a evil man takes and hurts your loved ones.if you turn the other cheek with evil men.they will take what you worked hard to get. I know god don't want you to sit back and let evil have its way.

31. so people are going to ignore when Jesus said whoever lives buy the sword shall die by the sword and turning the other cheek and what about how all his deciples died a horrific death,did they defend themselves?, people need to understand that 2000 years ago swords are used to cut meat or kill animals for fur and many reasons. Two swords for battle or self-defense are not enough for 12 deciples.

32. This whole theme is not totally true. In Luke Jesus says sell your cloak for a sword. It's the intention of our heart. Scripture says we should defend our family. Like Christ loves the church we love our wives. In the Old testament God used Samson, David, Joshua several great men Physically destroyed their Enemies. If somebody breaks in your house if you don't fight back you're an idiot. Sure you can preach to them and witness but as we saw with Dylan Roof it doesn't always work. Obviously we shouldn't chase him down if he robs us and doesn't hurt us. The intention then becomes revenge.

33. So should we just let Isis win? War is necessary when peace talks fail. In this situation we should pray and if God says act then ACT. Just like Joshua.

34. so even if your intentions are in love, are you saying it would be wrong to speak the word? Because it is a two edge sword piercing the hearts of men. Would it make me a murder to speak the gospel. This seriously has me dumbfounded. Am I fighting when thinking I'm sharing Gods love.

35. Perhaps this man can tell the many faithful Christians who have died or been raped that Jesus will protect them. O' wait, he can't because they are dead. I'm sure the families are looking for answers. I wonder if he votes as that is the application of force to achieve state laws, and if you disagree just disobey the law. Let me know how it works. My favourite is when when people say Jesus was with you or is with you during these moments. He sounds sick watching all these rapes and murders yet has the power to stop the horror and doesn't. In fact he didn't stop his own murder, why do you think he stops someone else murder. His second greatest law is to love thy neighbour as thyself. I am ok with someone killing me if I come to rape or murder someone else. I love my neighbour that much that I would be ok with him killing me and my neighbour being forgiven if I came to rape or murder him/her and his/her family.

36. some things you should know in the bible it says about defense and defend 12 times in the bible and if jesus is giving us an opportunity to live for a long time 90 yrs old wise, but we should defend ourselves because god is giving us a long time to live if not then we would have the enemy kill ourself read the bible 3 more times

37. what? the bible says that we should protect our families, how can we do that if we are not allowed to use self defence. Plus jesus even once commanded the apostles to buy swords. And ofcourse a country should have a military, israel were in many wars in the old testamente, because of gods will!

38. really Jesus protect your family? what about the other Christians who were killed? they were neglected by Jesus and you were cared of. Jesus was defended by his disciple by drawing his sword. That is not self defense. It is defense of another person. Had it been that the sword bearing disciple injured the arresting soldier because he is going to injure the said disciple will jesus say the same, those who,live by the sword will die by the sword. Did Jesus really conveying a message by that statement. What is the meaning of , "those who,live by the sword die by the sword." When Jesus said do not resist an evil person does he mean it literaly? if it is there is something wrong in that because it is illogical. How should we do in order let evil without resisting to it.

39. Thank you so much! There is so much false teaching out there. Satanic. If we are to rely on Jesus in EVERYTHING, we are fur sure to rely on Him with our lifes. HE decides if, when and how we die.
    God bless you Brother.

40. So if you come from a bad neighborhood, where you see someone getting beat up, are you to sit there and watch, or stop the attack?

41. If someone is about to hurt me and I see it coming, am I supposed just allow them to physically harm me? What if the person harms me so bad that it affects the way I work and earn a living? Just allow someone to beat me up even though I could have stopped them from besting me up? Some people don't care if you believe in God. Self defense is for protection. If a woman has an abusive husband and he is beating her up and she has an opportunity to hurt him so that he stops attacking her, she should not take that opportunity and just allow him to continue assaulting her? Or vice versa? God helps those who help themselves. If I decide I wanna use you as a punching bag are you gonna tell me you will just stand there and take it? Not even block my attacks? If you feel pain your natural reaction is to get away block or do what you can to stop feeling more pain.

42. Right on i feel the same sadly everyone missed this concept do not resist evil with evil but over come with love I mean look what JESUS did did he pull out a weapon and kill ???? No and he told us not to also

43. My brother. I agree. I study history as well as bible. Albert Pike wrote a letter to Minssini 1871. It details the 3 world wars in full descriptiuon. It was published on a magazine in 1925 proving its existence in time . Illumuntii was formed. He claimed this lewtter was from a dream from Satan. It is very easy for any to find on net. So if the wars were planned and controlled and our forfathers died for wars that were created and controlled to trick us, is this fighting for freedom. Paul, fight the good fight. the soiritual war. the fight fore our souls. a good man will doie to save another. those word sdo not say kill for another. especially satans dominion over the world., it may be hard it may be scary in the moment. but the heart is the change we ask for from christ. that outrr hearts be cleaned and grow in his likeness. we ar eto have the mind of christ. he placed himself as a scrifice for all of us to dienot kill. he took a man named paul; that killed christians and placed him in th eposition to preach tilo he to was killed never killing in the name of God. Not one person killed in th ename of Jesus in the bible. Not one. Who would teach this. question: can love come from fear? can fear be part of love. why would a man kill . is it not from fear. or hearlessness. abortions are hearlessness. killing alive people is fear. do i fear i will loose something i think i dceservbe. or not get something i think i own. like the world. dfoes he not say do not make the world your home make it in heaven. do i not fear death on earth and have no faith if i kill? i will die for you, but not kill for oyu. am i to judge. the tears and the wheat ar eto be opicked at the same time. when he returns. not by me. nopr you. is the christian movements in history what kept us going so i could be alive today, no . they ar elost. their are 3 kinds. christians that follow mens teachings, chriustiansd that seek love. from above to se eclearly and those lost with out faith at all. all can be savend if repent. the law of gods standsa matthew 5:17-20. not on its own or be judged by it. notr does grace alone place me in heaven as faith without works is dead. so i love god and my fellow man so much because grace gave me this gifdt i live up to the law. i want to. not to be saved but because i love god. deutopreonomy 6:6-8. so much so while you fdight too save the world sunday law will be placed soon. pope francis encyclical in paris accord. sunday law world wide. the mark of th ebeast. all the same cchristians have joined back oct 31 luther protest over to them not me. all one again. to fiught against islam the king of the south. the king of th enorth the papacy is not the true church it is the whore. the true god comes from the east in the clouds. i will not kill in the name of godnotr a flag. my son will die in war as he is in iut. i cry and pray. for all you lost

44. You do have the right to defend yourself and your family. If a man won't defend his wife and kids, he doesn't deserve a wife or kids. Period.

45. So if I ever have a home invasion happens at my home I won’t defend myself, I’ll let them murder me. Because I’m not allowed to defend myself as you say. Selling all my guns.

46. Even Jesus disciples had swords in the Garden of Gethesemene.
    The New Testament all through it says to submit to your authorities.
    God was talking about senseless murder or baseless anger. Because anger is murder in the heart , Jesus said this.
    Look at commentaries

47. You are a true Christian, Brother. Your video exposes those who have made up a god in their own mind to follow, simply because their culture will never be anything like Christianity. God Bless.

48. [Obadiah 1:5 ]

"If thieves came to you, if robbers in the night– oh, what a disaster awaits you!– would they not steal only as much as they wanted? If grape pickers came to you, would they not leave a few grapes?

49. [Exodus 22:2]

"If a thief is caught in the act of breaking into a house and is struck and killed in the process, the person who killed the thief is not guilty of murder.

50. By your understanding of the Word, every police officer who has fired a weapon or murdered someone as means of PROTECTING and PRESERVING LIFE out of duty to their WORLDLY MASTERS and LOVE for their neighbor, will suffer eternity in hell for it, because they should have forsaken their duty to protect, so they may be made righteous in Christ, right? It seems to me you have more faith in your pacifism making you LOOK righteous, rather than faith in loving your NEIGHBOR, which, in case you haven't realized, consists of more than just the misunderstood criminal who desperately needs to hear the Gospel, your neighbor also consists of your family/friends, whom we should protect and be willing to DIE for out of love. I guess at that point the question becomes if you and your family were faced with evil, and had means to do good, whatever that means to you, who would love more? The evildoer? or your family? Is there such thing as "I love this person more than this person" in the faith? If you let your family die and you had the chance to prevent it by STOPPING the evildoer (not necessarily comitting flat out cold blooded fuckin murder!), I believe you have sinned just as bad if not worse as that evil doer.

51. If my enemy is destroying me and im almost dead what am i supposed to do . because i dont wanna die and if i should die by my enemy i feel they have to die to. Eye for and eye tooth for a tooth body for body . this only applys if its unavoidable theres nothing that can be done to prevent voilence or corruption.

52. I have faith. But if you have decided to send me to jesus before my time i think i might decide the same for you and whatever god you claim to believe in and where murder is accepted in your religious law. I will not sit and be brutaly murdered and say. Is ok, jesus will be there for me before you kill me. and after. I am not god. Thats why jesus is god. Beaten tortured nailed to a cross and say to the enemy i forgive you. Me? i pray for forgiveness after i rip the nails out your hand you planned on useing to nail me to a cross and smash em threw your eyes.

53. FALSE we are to defend our homes and familys. We are to defend ourselfs and we do it with the Lord's help, and there are bible verses that proves it. So I'm sorry dude but your wrong.

54. I strongly disagree with you about you saying defending yourself is wrong. If my life is threatened, I’m going to defend myself. I don’t care what you say. Turning the other cheek has nothing to do with self defense.

55. I strongly disagree. Jesus said to carry a sword once he was gone, and if you do not have one, sell your cloak and buy one. He was talking about an actual sword, not the Bible, because there was no Bible while Jesus was still on Earth. "Live by the sword," means to live as a warrior, and a warrior kills for many reasons. Jesus only wants us to kill if we have to, to protect our lives and the lives of those around us. A sword was one of the best weapons available at that time, so Jesus meant that we should buy the best kind of weapon available to us. That other pastor made two mistakes; he chose a terrible weapon, and he used it protect his car instead of his life. Rest his soul.

56. Jesus don't said to sit quite and enjoy your daughter or ur wife getting assaulted
    He also stood up for the truth
    By giving wrong information u are taking others to astray

57. The reason Jesus said “who ever lives by the sword dies by the sword” is because it would have gotten in the way of Gods will for Jesus to die for our sins. God bless.

58. You state the position well and I believe accurately, however I must say I think exceptions exist at certain times. For everything there is a "season", see Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.

Having said that, I believe if "turning the other cheek…" is our general rule as a people, then the "seasons" for exceptions will be few and eventually fade.

59. Thank you for this perspective brother but I humbly disagree with you on this matter. Yes we as believers in Christ trust HIM to supply our every need, and in this GOD did not make us to simply lie down and embrace our persecution…Jesus says in Matthew 10:23 "But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another…" and Luke 22:36 "…he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Jesus already knew the aggression we as his followers would face in HIS name. Granted all killing is not just, but to kill in the preservation of one of GODs own, be it your life or the life of another, that is just as well as a moral obligation to each other. We are not to seek revenge and are not to denounce Christ to save our own life or the life of someone else, even though HIS blood covers that as well but that act is not to be taken by true believers obedient to Christ's will, but the defense of our own life, another's, life especially a child, and sacrificing our own life for another's, if we so choose and if the opportunity is there, is permissible. But we all should fall on our knees with an earnest heart and spirit and ask GOD for discernment and to reveal truth to us by way of the Holy Spirit. GOD bless and keep you all.

60. When Jesus said turn the other cheek that was for an open hand slap look at the word in Greek. That is not an attack with intent to harm or kill but with the intent to offend or enanger the one slapped. If Jesus never wanted us to defend ourselves why did he tell Peter to put his sword away when he cut the guys ear off? Why was Jesus not shocked that Peter had a sword that Jesus did not know about when they were together all the time? Why did he not tell Peter to throw it away instead of telling him to put it away? Why did John the Baptist tell the soilders to do evil to no man or accuse anyone falsely and to be content with their wages that they got for being Armed Soilders.? He meant don’t be cruel on purpose, he did not tell them to quit your jobs immediately because you might be getting paid to fight or even kill someone and that ain’t Christian.