Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi – cover – Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

Posted By on November 24, 2019

Hey guys welcome back again to Ken
Tamplin Vocal Academy where the proof is in the singing.
Why do I always say that, well I say that because I’m seeing a lot of really fancy
advertising from a lot of vocal coaches on the internet where they still display
absolutely no singing. There’s a lot of smoke and mirrors but look really
closely they’re not singing and they show no students singing and I’m telling
you run from that. If they can’t prove it themselves, they can’t teach you how to
do it. Hey guys if you like what you heard,
please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my channel by clicking on the SUBSCRIBE button. That
will actually take you to another page where you want to click on the Bell icon
and it opens up a menu and the menu has notifications on it where there’s a
little box you can check, where it says send me all notifications for this
channel. Check the box and then click the SAVE button and you’ll get notifications
from me, every time I have a cool video come out okay thanks guys. Peace out.

1. That is no easy vocal. Singers know what it takes mentally and physically to nail those ending notes in full voice. Great cover Ken.

2. Way prefer yours! Excellent!! Love to hear you do some Def Leppard (older stuff please), you would sound great!!

3. Great video and performance as always! Love to see some Petra covers or reactions in the future! Keep it up, brother!

4. That was AWESOME! You took on a tough song and at this point in Jon's career he ducks alot of the higher parts. The back tracking you did was that you harmonizing with yourself? just curious. Guys and Girls Ken Tamplin is legit! Loved it. God Bless!

5. Hey Ken! I am a huge fan of your videos and also an aspiring Rock Vocalist! Could you please do a vocal reaction to Bon Jovi’s Never Say Goodbye (Acoustic) live in Santiago?

6. You need to listen to the singer Diana Ankudinova from Russia. She will surprise you greatly. Songs performed by her: "Derniere Danse", "This is the world of man", "Реченька" (translated into English – "River"), "Tomorrow Is A Lie" in a song show for children without parents "Ты супер" (translated into English – "You are super") when she was 14 years old, and songs: "Вьюга" (translated into English – "Snowstorm"), “Wicked Game” and “Human”, when she was 15 years old, are recognized as unique in her vision and her voice. Video with its performance gained tens and hundreds of millions of views. Each song in her performance is like a play. Her voice is compared to Cher's, but they consider it more profound. And this is when Diana is only 14-15 years old !!! Her transitions from a low voice to Yodel are very organic. Judging by the other people who respond to Diana's singing, and by the number of fans of her talent, tens of thousands of views of your reaction to her singing are guaranteed.

Thank you.

7. With the voice issues John has these days (pardon the pun 😂) you should tour with the band you and Richie would sound incredible

8. Ken thank you for all your work. Your vocal performances are amazing. Not blowing smoke. I’ve been fronting a STP Tribute on and off for 10 years. Always default to your videos when I’m in a performance “funk” and need chop confidence.

9. Well done Bravo…couldn't be better..I love it..😘👌👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

10. It sounded great…Bon Jovi is one of those bands that transcends eras. They have that quality to them. I would like to hear you sing this in a live concert venue as a cover, or you should go into a karaoke bar just to see how people react…that would make a great video.

11. No BS, this guy proves he not only can coach, but he can belt out some hard songs. Seen other channels of supposed coaches and they seem like posers just whining, they cant even sing themselves. This guy can definitely sing.

12. Im new to this channel and no very little about singing…But you seem to be straining a bit…Is this "mic up high" allow more comfort performing this song due
    to difficulty? BY the way,great performance !! left a like

13. This is pretty cool! I like it so much, even better than the original when it's played live; it's sad that Jon Bon Jovi can't sing as he used to sing in the 80's.

14. This is one of those songs to where he sang his very, very best in the studio and it just made it too hard to maintain on the road year after year. I have nailed it a few times for contests, but my voice was spent afterwords from singing incorrectly. It really took all I had to get through that one song! And you did a fantastic job, Ken! I am still trying to learn from you to get better and sing correctly! Nothing comes overnight, but I am getting there, one day at a time. 😁

15. Bon Jovi, Sabastian Bach, Steve Perry to me have crazy range 🤘 I can’t leave out the singer for Stryper oh and Tom Keifer

16. You're one of the best singers I've ever seen. I enjoy watching your videos very much. Thank you for the music Ken! 🙂

17. You sang one of my favourite songs from my most best and favourite singer of all time and the song and your voice is incredible now it makes we want to do a disco for my birthday and sing that sing on stage in front of all of my friends truly amazing

18. Come on Jon bon Jovi is not a great singer mediocre at his best your more talented than he ever will be choose better singers and songs like journey reo speedwagon , Boston and many others

19. The right combination of luck (genetics for huge range potential that most of us don't have) and hard work (to actually achieve that potential)

20. Hey Ken, I think this is one of the most difficult songs to sing, but I am still an amateur singer, I would like to know the opinion of a professional, for you it is one of the most difficult songs to sing, Ken?

21. The proof really is in the singing – I havent heard a single person do a decent cover of this song – ever – up until now 👌

22. Ok Ken, I've had this love/hate kinda thing with you and reacting…..I thought you want too much instead of watching the video.🙄🙄 So anyhoo, I decided to watch this video, my first of you singing, and I love your comment at the beginning about other VA's who never sing…….you are so right. And now your performance…🤔🤔😳😳 WOW YOU ARE AWESOME! Please forgive me, I had to be honest. But I shall now stay subscribed and will only love your reactions sorry!? Love from Chicago! 🎼🕺🙃

23. This is the second video i watch on your channel but i cam ser clearly the value of your good work, thank you! Regards from Brazil!

24. Great song, the key change is brutal in the last progression of the chorus, it would be awesome to hear you do Bed of Roses, such emotion in that song.

25. Wow, best cover I've seen for this song. Gotta thank you so much, i extended my range from A2-E4 all the way to E2-E#5. It's so cool and i also try to sing this song myself, but i never had the D.Support. Keep up the great work

26. Ken, тебе очень идет такой насыщенный синий цвет рубашки. Это мой любимый цвет, и конечно в моем гардеропе присутствует блузка точно такогоже цвета!. Я большая поклонница Bon Jovi и песню Livin"Prayer слушала сотни раз как первый раз. Он такой же зажигательный и добрый как ты. Благодарю. О боже мой …, 4 часа утра! Ночь на пролет и это здорово и класно! удачи и пока.Иду спать.

27. That's the reason Bon Jovi had to stop singing the whole chorus to use playbacks, and low the key during the 90s, and you with 55 (I think you mentioned it in another video) can reach the original song key, absolutately amazing

28. Just wondering.. An u are a Badass Singer!! But PLEASE don’t take this the wrong way.. but would u be able to hit them high notes an sing that hard if that was the last song on ur set list at a concert?? Amazing voice though man! Love watching ur videos!! 🙌🙌

29. Question…

So I'm just an amateur singer learning about this stuff. My question here is about your jaw. I'm wondering if you're opening it up too wide? The reason I ask is because in my experience it's more stressful to sing with a wider jaw and it's less effective in terms of airflow. I don't mean any disrespect I'm honestly curious and I want to learn.

I thought the choruses were much stronger than the verses. I can tell you can do the high range singing very well.

The verses I thought maybe you should take a slightly different approach? I would prefer kind of a breathier sound in the lower registers, hard to explain what I mean.

Again just asking questions and taking notes for curiosity and education. Thanks

30. Hi Ken, I'll be honest, your effort in the song is enormous and I will give you a big thumps up, I still prefer the Bon Jovi version.

31. Hi Ken, I have a girl nephew 10 years old who loves to sing.
    I have a music ear and I can tell that she doesn't know how to direct her voice that's why often she comes out of sinc.
    What could you do with her?

32. Nou that's what I'm talking about.Hu mr.Tamplin hard one.I can't sing like this in million years.Wouuuuuuuu modulation.Healt condition mr Tamplin nead reset after this.Ha.Ha.Loooooovvveee from Serbia!