If Kids Were God… | Little Kids. Big Questions.

Posted By on September 21, 2019

-The older we get, the further
we get from the truth and the more
we search for answers. If only we could ask
the real experts, life would go
a whole lot smoother. This is
“Little Kids, Big Questions.” Featuring is your host,
Ingrid Michaelson and the Austin Hartley-Leonard
Quintet. [ Cheers and applause ] -Thank you,
thank you, thank you. So, it goes like this. One day you decide
to believe in something. Then you find a bunch
of other people who believe in the same thing. You start spending
a lot of time together and hanging out and bang, you got yourself a religion. Everything is cool
and simple and making sense but then all of a sudden you’re
eating big meals on certain days or you’re not eating
for a weeks at a time. You’re giving presents
and taking over governments and going to war, and all because of this big
little thing called religion. Let’s see what
the experts have to say. Please welcome to the stage
our guests for tonight, Leilani, Chad, and Michael. [ Cheers and applause ] [ Band playing ] -Good evening. -Good evening.
-Good evening.
-Good evening. -How are you? -Good.
-Good.
-Good. -Good, good. Do you guys know what the topic
of tonight’s show is? -No.
-No. -Religion. Do you all know
what religion is? -I think I need to be
in fourth grade to hear that. -And I’ve heard of it.
-You’ve heard of it. -Well, I heard some people said
that God created the world. -Okay.
There we go. That’s kind of religion.
-Oh! She just reminded me
of something. Like, like but God
didn’t create the world. It’s like a little star. Like, like there was
stuff coming inside and then it like, poohh! -Exploded? -Created.
-The big bang, so? -It exploded and then
it created the world. -So in your mind,
if God is around us, what does God look like? Yes. -He has a little, like,
golden ring around the head? -Okay. I like that.
I’ll accept that. What do you think Chad? -I usually get all the stuff
from the Bible. So he wears white, he has a golden ring
around his head and, uh, a kind… -Her or his. It might be a girl
or it might be a boy. -I’m pretty sure it’s a boy.
-Very progressive. -What do you think
God looks like? -I think he has a beard! -He has a beard? Like a long beard?
What color? -White.
-A white beard? -Yeah.
-Then he would be old. [ Laughter ] -If they say that God
created Earth or God created the star
or God created man, who created God? -Ooh!
-Yes. -God created his self. -Well, there’s a conundrum. So what kind of personality
does God have? -A really, really, really,
really, really nice one. -A nice one. Okay.
-Yeah. -I think
creating-the-world one? -Just that,
so he just has a kind of creating-the-world
kind of personality. -Yeah.
-I get that, yeah. Okay. What do you think?
What kind of personality? -I think he’s probably
exhausted! -He’s probably exhausted! I think he probably is. Does religion make people
better or worse? -Worse.
-Worse. Okay. -Why?
-How’s that? -Because, like, if someone
forces you to do it, it, like, hurts you. -Yeah.
-It hurts your feelings. -Very wise. So, now that we know that,
how do you choose? -Um, just trying out each one and see which one you like and then when you’re ready
just like accept it. -Okay. I’ll take that. If you were God, what prayers
would you listen to? -Well, probably the ones
that are really important. -The important ones?
-Yeah. -Okay. Okay, Michael. -Like, if some people just say
they wish they had like, a, like, a tasty snack. That is not important. -Like if someone needed
really big help on their homework
and it was easy, so then I would answer
the questions really fast and wouldn’t waste time. -Oh, so you’d still help them but you would just be
[Snaps fingers] a rush job. -Boom, bam, bam, bam, bam. -Bam. Got it. What would your prayer
for the world be? -Well, so everybody doesn’t
get like attacked by robberies. -Everybody get giant robots.
-Cool. -Defend themselves, awesome house,
million dollars, bam! -So, Leilani, Chad,
and Michael. [ Cheers and applause ] Oh, yeah. [ Band playing ]

1. When you Christian you are in RELATION SHIP not a RELIGION . If you can go before your father in this case its God and ask him for something or simply thank him that's a relationship.

2. When you Christian you are in RELATION SHIP not a RELIGION . If you can go before your father in this case its God and ask him for something or simply thank him that's a relationship.

3. I wish they could've gotten a little more out of the conversation. I like watching kids answer "the big questions", but she didn't ask that many.
    It also seemed to me like she was pretty skeptical and un-enthused with this topic, like she is obviously atheist. But that might be just me.
    Anyways, thank you SoulPancake! I love your stuff!

4. I really love the concept of this show but it defeats the purpose to ask children who have already started to become conditioned with their answers from public educational sources. The kids should be younger and not raised in public education settings. These kids have already been taught that money and technology is more important than discovering their own true opinions. I don't think I'll continue watching this show- knowing that the entire purpose of it is defeated. You can just feel that these kids have already started to become misled by public education. I'm speaking from experience. Public education does not inherently lead to becoming enlightened. It trains us to only think in one way rather than the possibility of thinking in our own limitless ways. It trains us to forget that life can be better without over thinking these kinds of tough questions. These kids all used the first and easiest answers that have been fed to them by a system of organized control that is biased against societal evolution. Get the kids before they are entered into said system… And this show could actually be pretty amazing.

5. I really love the concept of this show but it defeats the purpose to ask children who have already started to become conditioned with their answers from public educational sources. The kids should be younger and not raised in public education settings. These kids have already been taught that money and technology is more important than discovering their own true opinions. I don't think I'll continue watching this show- knowing that the entire purpose of it is defeated. You can just feel that these kids have already started to become misled by public education. I'm speaking from experience. Public education does not inherently lead to becoming enlightened. It trains us to only think in one way rather than the possibility of thinking in our own limitless ways. It trains us to forget that life can be better without over thinking these kinds of tough questions. These kids all used the first and easiest answers that have been fed to them by a system of organized control that is biased against societal evolution. Get the kids before they are entered into said system… And this show could actually be pretty amazing.

6. My husband is Christian and I am a Muslim. We have a for 4 year old and an unborn. We let our children celebrate all holidays. Eid, Christmas, Halloween. We decided that all we can do as parents is show our children what Christianity is and what Islam is (even though it is basically the same thing) and when thry get old enough, they can make the decision themselves and we can do nothing but support them and love them no matter what. We both chose our religions. He was a Catholic and I was a chr

7. AwesomeYou’re made from love, to be love, to spread love!💫💖✨You’re awake, you’re awesome, live like it!💫💖✨
    – kid president

8. You'd certainly be then calling some of the world's deepest thinkers shallow. Your assumption that Christians just blindly follow is in itself a very shallow statement that all but proves you haven't a clue what many apologists have spent their life's work on.

9. This is just sad, seeing kids knowing so little about how they can be saved, and that GOD WANTS A RELATIONSHIP NOT A RELIGION

10. Religion doesn't make people worse it's just used as an excuse to start conflict. If you take it away there are still many reasons conflict happens. Saying religion is dumb because people fight over it is likes saying food is dumb because people fight over it or water is dumb because people fight about it. People WILL fight over anything. If you truly follow your faith than you know that each religion does NOT support conflict over a conflict of Intrest. Every holy book ever written says that fighting doesn't solve anything. They are meant to be peaceful. Those who fight can never truly believe. Rant= over

11. I often view myself as a spiritual person, yet not belonging to a single religion. I also view myself as agnostic sometimes. I'm pretty confused often…

12. Soul pncke lost me as a subscriber & Ingrid lost me as a fan …. I've bought CD's & attended a show & will not in the future…

13. If people with religions started to "walk the talk" than it is gonna be easy to explain those things to children… as in bible, i rather be that good guy samaritan than a snob religious guy. Christian talks about love to God and love to the others just like you love yourself… then do it! love does not talking bad to others frontal or behind… just my opinion… 🙂 no offence guys…

14. +Prophet ETR, religion is a theory that isn't proven right or wrong so you can't sit here and say it isnt real and that its stupid to practice it because u don't have any hardcore proof it isn't real. Secondly, religion can't treat people a certain way, people treat people a certain way, not that that makes anything better, but its what an individual person believes in and hey one is clueless, heck I'm clueless we all are. We don't know anything for sure so I could say the same thing to you about not practicing a religion but who says you can or can't?

15. I couldn't watch this. The children are acting like two year olds when they're actually like 8, I'm not sure if it's because they're American or what but they're not intelligent at all.

16. Where every god is, please make life simpler and create more faith and voice to the right people so that we have less to no war and fight among ourselves.

17. god has a really nice personallity that's why he drowned evrey single person on earth because they didn't follow his rules

18. I'm proud of these kids! They're super smart for understanding this early in development. Let's face it ladies and gentleman: religion is a problem. If you ask me, I say we should all forget about it and focus on humanism instead. Humans ROCK!!! XD

19. "Religion that is pure and undefined before God the father is this, to visit orphans in their afflictions band to keep oneself unstained from the world."
    James 1:27

This is what religion is about. Yes religion led to some pretty bad things but it was the people who corrupted it, not the religion itself.
    Loved the video by the way 🙂

20. Cool concept but I don't care for Ingrid as a host, She's very unenthused and if she were more engaging I think she could get better responses from the children. A smile, laugh, chuckle wouldn't kill her.

21. not sure how i felt about this because theyre so young and the girl, you can tell has no idea, the boy in the middle is probably an atheist but now he's confused and the other kid is sticking to his religion and he was being pretty smart about it. kids shouldnt be forced to believe in something like that at this age, like i was. itll just screw with them, ya know

22. it was so awsome never seen any of your videos i usually i watch kid president but i like this video it was funny and i already subscribed and i'll watch more of not just your videos but soul pancake

23. People talk about how bad religion is for society, and how the world would be better without it. If there was no religion, we'd all be more open minded. That in itself is an extremely closed minded statement. Religions don't make people bigots. Bigots use religion as a tool for their bigotry. Religion can also be used as a tool for justice. Look at the civil rights movement, it was organized through religious institutions based upon religious principles. He was The Reverand Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Jesus's whole life was dedicated to social justice and love. I'm not encouraging anyone to think a certain way, all I'm saying is let's not bash anyone based upon what they believe. Coexist. Peace ya'll.

24. I personally am an atheist & gay but any one can believe in what ever they want to but i highly hate when people force or look down on you for having a different belief.

25. The kid in the middle to me seemed the most atheistic in the sense he knows religion is bad and that some bang created everything. He's probably going to go the furthest in life I would say (unless the others escape their indoctrination) I applaud his parents.

26. Host: "Who created god?"
    Kid: "Oooh, god created himself!"
    Host: Well there's a conundrum.

You're kidding me right, kiddo? Did she seriously believe kids were going to understand conundrum? They were laughing about the color of a beard ffs. The rest was pretty damn golden. =)

Though I feel if as  though she should have touched up more on this subject.

27. I find it funny how people think Zeus, Jupiter and Odin are all fairy tales and bullshit, but believe in a omnipotent God that flooded the world, tortured his believers to test their faith, condones atrocities, impregnated a married woman, and even though his son was tried and killed he somehow died for "all our sins" despite others having died for justified reasons.

28. This should be titled Little Kids. Big Questions "God" not "Religion". But it was still fun to watch!

29. It would be interesting to watch them see themselves 10 years from know and react to themselves. Also see how their opinions change.

30. 4:38 If everyone had 1 million dollars the economy would remain balanced. It wouldn't be worth anything. Nice dreaming kid.

31. i like the kid in the middle he is smart referencing the big bang he knows the truth and if god made everything and is everything why can't he or she be both male and female the other to kids got religious views religion is someone else telling others what the truth is .

32. One day, one day all of these mockers WILL have to stand before God and be judged. He is merciful, and loving, but a judgement day IS coming whether they believe it or not. Wait and watch, you'll see.

33. Something about this interview situation was weird in a bad way. Maybe it's them talking about this in front of people and then the people laughing. I just wanted if the kids understood the laughter or if they thought the audience was laughing at them. Lol I hope I am making sense but I'm probably not:D

34. The only problem with religion is that it makes an enemy of those who don't have the same beliefs as you do. Athiests on the other hand makes a common enemy of anyone with a religion. Therefore, ironically athiests are more closed minded than religious people.

35. If I was god I’d make everyone forget about every god including myself and become a mortal again and continue life at least till some wacko starts a cult

36. Every one is trying to improve their religion or the Godless one based on this or that kid's opinion , what about the episode of how kids are imitating every single detail of their parents behavior , Btw great episode but shouldn't be titled this way because they are not yet in the 4th grade hhhh

37. Most of the questions just assume god exists…. They were not presented to the option that religion and god could be an invention.

38. People who religiously go to the football every game, have the coloured gear to support their team, are…religious. Football is.. their religion