How to Rank #1 on Google for the World's Most Competitive Keywords | Ranking First Page for "SEO"

Posted By on May 4, 2019

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret but you have to make a promise to me you can't use this against me I ring for the most competitive term on Google on page one you know what that term is SEO I'm competing with other markers who know what they're doing that's harder than just competing with other companies I'm competing with companies with money that know what they're doing and I'm on page one for the term SEO and I'm gonna show you the exact steps I took to rank there but again you have to promise not to use this for that term so you would outrank me the first thing I have to share with you is your content needs to be super detailed and thorough if it's not thorough like pillar content what I mean by pillar content is that one piece of content that pretty much explains everything out there under the Sun for that one topic you know what the number one result for SEO is its Moz it's a beginner's guide to SEO it's really long and it discusses everything about SEO from how to do it what it's about how it got started every little thing and every tactic or formula that Google is looking at to rank a site now my concert doesn't rank as high but if you notice the content of Neil Patel isn't as thorough and you don't have to be a thorough but it just shows the more thorough you are the better off you're gonna be in rankings the second thing you need to know is your content needs to be beautiful the better designed and the more beautiful it is the better off you are people don't like looking at ugly I don't like looking at ugly webpages no one else does either make sure your stuff is really pretty third it has a load fast if it doesn't look fast it's not gonna work for most people especially on their mobile phones like pulling out their mobile phone they're like oh this is taking forever to load more than 50% of the people using Google are on their mobile phone or mobile device so make sure your site loads fast and especially that webpage that you're trying to rank after you do that cross link that post or that pillar page on every other page on your website if you go to Neal Pathan you go to any single blog post you'll notice that I linked to my SEO article it's providing more juice it's telling Google hey I'm leaning to this article on every single page for a reason it's important I find it important I want users to know it's important they're clicking on it you should rank it high up as well the next thing you need to do is use the Atrix go type in your competitor URLs and go see who links to them head up all of those see people and ask them for a link for example you can send them a short email saying hey John I notice you're linking to X Y & Z site I have a similar article that came out but mine covers 1 2 & 3 that their article didn't feel free to check it out here and if you like it link to it Cheers Neal and leaving an email like that to other people leave to your competitors will cause more links back to you if you send a hundred of those you should get roughly 5 people linking back to you if you don't get 5 linking back to you that means the email you're sending is too irrelevant people that shouldn't be linking to you in the first place the next thing you want to do is be patient you're not gonna rank right away that page after is put up it took a year and a half before it popped onto the first page you got to be patient continually updated provide more value make it prettier design but as long as you're keeping everything up to date and your patient event you'll notice that your rankings will climb mine went from being in the top thousand to top hundred to page five to page four to three to two and eventually page one it was a slow gradual build and here's the last tip for you and this is what most people don't tell you when it comes to ranking if you have two sites General Motors and BMW they both have a lot of links they both have billions of dollars to spend on SEO and marketing so how does Google know which one to rank higher for carbonated terms its brand related if Google notice that more people are searching for BMW over General Motors what are they gonna do they're gonna start ranking BMW higher because they have a bigger brand so if you want your articles in your site to rank higher for not just Pettitte of terms but for everything that you're doing you need to build a brand write blog posts do a podcast great videos like this by building a brand and doing it consistently for a year to three years I've been jiyul notice that your rankings will climb not just for a competitive turns but for everything out there right so if you're not sure how to build a brand because it's different for every single business leave a comment tell me what you're doing and I'll give you feedback and I'll tell you if you're doing the right things or the wrong things that way you don't waste time and because I'm helping you out I would appreciate if you at least liked or share this video doesn't mean the world to me and if you want more tips like this subscribe to this video because I'll be back here in a few days giving you more advice on marketing and entrepreneurship and business I look forward to continuing helping you grow

1. Nice video brother and you just got a new sub! Lol not to mention you uploaded this vid on my birthday.

2. thanks for making the video what the reasons behind the decreasing page rank already which is ranking in the top 100. @LearnTheNew

3. Hai Sir,
    I have change my title tag, keyword and meta description
    but no change have came across… So wht i wanna do next

4. Neil my friend how can i build an brand in fitness and electric travel stuff like electric scooter skateboard and so on kind regards

5. Hey Neil, I just created a website on a niche English grammar, and recently got Adsense verification, So now what are the steps I follow to make it to a whole different level. Thanks in advance

6. Hey Neil,

I own a website for football predictions and I've developed a product that actually works ( That's what our results show anyhow). The thing is that I am having trouble ranking for any of my keywords and I am getting really small amounts of organic traffic. All of my competitors have a product that is inferior to mine and have no to very small amounts of content on their websites. But these websites are very old and have hundreds of thousands backlinks. How can even begin to compete with them? Please help

7. This guy is the best…..all the other SEO mentors try and get you to pay insane amount of money to learn all that we are learning here!

8. Hey Neil,
    So, if I have your your ethos in check (apart from that I liked this video) if I back-link juice from my website to yours you’ll do the same! Challenge accepted?

9. Can you pls make a video on Own branding??
    I have chosen my brand name "sk sajib" , Already i opened the account in 14 different social profile with my branding name.
    Like facebook,youtube, twitter,google+,brandyourself. com,about me,pintarest,instagram,stackoverflow,linkedin and etc.
    But i didn,t find any single result on google 10 page..

10. Hi sir, I'm doing private investigation. Currently I just open up my own company, I have crated a website, blog, YouTube channel (on progress), social media's. Is there any things else I can do in order to to rank in first page of Google?

11. Thanks very much for the video sir….
    My website focuses on scholarship and job recruitment,please how can I get traffic to my site cos I do not get traffic at all

12. Hey Neil ! First of all Tell me this strategy's work in 2018 Because this video is 7 Months old.
    2. I Deal with a company i have to rank his site on first page of google in india for a Highly competitive keyword and its difficulty is 42

If i rank it on first page
    This will be a Big Achievement for me.

Give me a tip that helps me

13. Hey Neil, trying to build a brand around my blog Life Management for moms to find purpose, get organized and generate an income so they can stay home. I have colors, images, all social channels but I dont use YouTube, but do fb vids for how to start a biz or blog from home. I dont know what might be missing. Brand suggestions? Thank you for your content!

14. Hey Neil… You're awesome man.
    Your videos really inspire to keep going and not giving up. We are learning and improving every day through your website, blogs and videos. Please guide on how to get sales on an e-commerce website. Thank You 🙂

15. Hi Neil, what happened to your website "nutritionsecret" ? It was a challange project of your but when I try to open it, it goes to redirect me to the another page.

16. Congrats Bro you outranked moz & you are now on the 2nd position but you have to defeat searchengineland

17. Hey Neil… I blog about weapons and i have started to produce quality content thanks to the skyscraper technique (Brian Dean)…..but i don't have much visitors….give any idea relevant to this….

Thanks

18. Hi Neil! Thank's for all these videos, you are really awesome! To answer your question in this video, I'm a photographer (I have two specialities 1: Interior design and Architecture photography 2 : Motorsport and Ultra-Trail photography). The first one is commercial photography and the second one is creative photography. What would you suggest me to help build my brand? I post content on Facebook and Instagram, I would like to post content on YouTube but I don't really know what would be interesting….!

19. Hello Neil Sir,I am working on my blog (https://htips.in) from 7 month but it's getting only 50 pages views per day.I follow your articles and videos for my blog but it's not easy for me.
    Plz suggest me some basic tips to increase my blog traffic.
    And plz show me how can I make my blog name se a brand name.