First Time Hearing Marcelito Pomoy – Singer Songwriter Reacts (The Prayer on Wish Bus)

Posted By on December 3, 2019

Hi everyone my name is Caleb Coles I’m
an Australian singer-songwriter. Today I’m gonna be reacting to Marcelito
Pomoy singing The Prayer. Thanks again to everyone who’s been commenting and
letting me know which singers I should be reacting to. It’s taken me a while to
get to Marcelito, a lot of people have been commenting really since my first
video to react to him and I’m finally getting around to it. So I do listen to
your comments and I really do appreciate them all I’ve also got some more
reactions coming from Morissette Amon, and So Hyang, and Hua Chenyu and Dimash.
They’re all coming as well as new ones so thank you for all your support. I
really do appreciate it and your comments. Now I’m not sure what version of the
prayer Marcelito is going to sing for us. When I do a very first time reaction
to any singer I like to go in completely blind
having done no research so I’m genuinely surprised. And then if I do subsequent
reactions to their singing then I like to do more research. So I’m not sure what
to expect but let’s just get straight into it.
If you end up enjoying this video make sure to subscribe, let’s get started. Yeah I was not expecting him to have
that kind of tone. If there was no video and I just heard that voice I probably
would have assumed it was a female. And not because of the pitch but because of how
well the vocal cords sound like they’re aducting, meaning how well they’re coming
together. There’s not a lot of extra breath, it’s very seamless and that tone;
it just is really quite surprising that he can that he can sing like that anyway
let’s continue watching. Okay I had no way of anticipating that
that was ridiculous. That’s very difficult to do because you’re in two
mindsets and that head voice sound, it’s a very different style of singing
to what he’s doing when he’s singing the lower baritone. So he’s going from
trying to get that beautiful resonance (sings) with the resonance right there and then
the head voice sound which it’s not (makes noise) it’s a (sings) but very different techniques to
sing like that. And to try to do it line by line it’s
very difficult to do. Let’s keep watching Wow
and then he almost coughs at the end and he needs to stop it. Yeah that that was
really cool I’m not sure what technique he is using to sing the female part
actually. It’s clearly not a breathy falsetto tone but it doesn’t sound
like a mixed voice, it sounds like a head voice where it’s just really well
aducted so it’s got a great amount of resonance. And then he’s obviously singing
that baritone tenor part it’s kind of on the borderline you could sing that
part as a baritone or as a tenor and the high note is what; okay so it’s a
b-flat or an a-sharp. So generally that’s more of a tenor thing you generally
don’t sing that high as a baritone. So he did a great job hitting that high note.
To be honest I would have preferred a little bit more more power and resonance
on that operatic high note, just get a bit more gusto on it. But that’s not
really what this performance was about. It was about the agility of his voice to
sing with a beautiful baritone tenor sound and then into a female almost
soprano that thin kind of sound, really really phenomenal. I mean it was a great
showcase of his skill. In some ways maybe it would have been better to do say what
Dimash does where you sing it on one level and then you go to the octave and
sing at the next level and you build it that way because I know that the point
was that it was a duet style thing by himself, and it was a showcase of that
talent which is phenomenal. Having said that there’s also not just
the showcasing of talent there’s also the kind of going for the journey,
and I personally found it hard to go on the journey with him when he was
shifting between the boy and the girl tone. It just, it felt a bit weird
in terms of connecting with the song like on a heart level, it felt very to and forward. But in terms of a skill level he’s obviously phenomenally
talented. But that’s just me, that doesn’t mean it’s true that’s just how I felt about it. And who knows I might listen to it a few more
times and completely change my mind which I’m very prone to doing. So thanks
so much for recommending him he is clearly a phenomenal singer and an
amazing talent. I’ll definitely listen to this again. If you’ve enjoyed this video
make sure to subscribe and if there’s more from Macelito I should hear I
would really like to hear it again. This was a great showcase of his abilities,
I’m sure he’s capable of much more. Thanks for watching as always I look
forward to seeing you all in the next video.

1. Hello friend, I adore all your reactions, please react to the fantastic duo, Dimash Kudaibergenov & Nagima Eskalieva, this is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya9VJ7Ayg-M

2. Hi!
    Have just recently found your channel and through you Dimash 😀 you come across very authentic and your obvious knowledge of music has led me to subscribe and start watching most of your reaction vids.
    I heard you mention that you are a Queen fan, as am I and so I invite you to react to: Pentatonix covering Bohemian rhapsody if you haven't heard it already. Thanks and God bless🙏🏽

3. May I suggest that you react to the amazing TNT Boys too. These phenominal kids will blow to your mind away with their fantastic performances. Start with "Flashlight" at TNTVersions. Thanks.

4. Thanks for the reaction! please make a reaction to Alice Suprunova "My country"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Susv-9Vc6mE

5. Excellent reaction. Comments on point. I've subscribed. Have you heard the unbelievable group called, The TNT Boys? They just put out their first original song and they are great. I would like your reaction. You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q2IoOR3pz4

6. Please react to Jacob Collier's, "Hideaway" or any of his other videos. "Genious" is too small a word to describe this talent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY8pCnKSSVg

7. Marcelito Pomoy – from The Philippines ladies and gentlemen! Who won the 2nd (Philippines) Pilipinas Got Talent in 2012…

*Please react live on Wish Bus 107.5 to
    -"The Prayer",
    -"Power of Love",
    -"Narito Ako"

As well please react to:
    -"Please be careful with my Heart – live in Singapore",
    -"You are my Song",
    -"My endless love",
    -"Beauty and the Beast"
    -"Listen" @Zirkoh

He can sing duet by himself, showcasing a Soprano and Tenor, jumping one octave from male voice to female voice. He is simply amazing!!!

8. Great reaction, just subscribed. In the future I’d recommend Katrina Valarde who I think is on par or better than Morisette, also KZ tandaganshe has an amazing style.

9. Thank you for reacting to Pilipino talent..I really appreciate it…❤❤❤
    Please react to Darren Espanto PHANTOM OF THE OPERA..😍

10. Wonderful reaction and analysis. You break it down expertly. But just in case it passed your notice, he did all that sitting down. Not an easy feat.

11. Hi…lessen The Power of Love of Celine Dion and Marcelito Pomoy, close your eyes, you never know ho is ho….😕😲🙃

12. Have you watch marcelito pomoy sing power of love by celin dion?
    And there's another one he sang a song HALLELUJA by pentatonex, that was so cool
    Marcelito singing style is not like other singer he sing so calm even the tone is too high, you can't even notice he face Struggling in high notes,

13. Try KZ Tandingan's Rolling in the Deep at the Singers competition in China, and some other songs she did there.

ALSO Katrina Velarde impersonation

14. Try another Filipino talent (Asia's Phoenix) Morissete Amon 'Akin Ka Na Lang' A Tagalog (Filipino) song but if you want to really feel her song, there's an English translation or sub title. From the 🇵🇭, you've got another subscriber!!! 👍👌😉

15. The cough at the end is Marcelito coughing up a girl as people have often joked about him swallowing a girl. He was homeless most of his life and self taught… Utterly amazing

16. Hey check it out, Marcelito Pomoy singing Despacito in front of the royal Family of Spain here it is https://youtu.be/xKOAhzrPhLQ

17. Singing an iconic, beautiful song while sitting down and making it seem effortless: CHECK.
    Switching from a head tone to a chest tone and getting both perfect: CHECK
    Doing it better than any other “dual singer” & making most vocal coaches or critics show that they need to find another god damned job: PRICELESS 👍🏻

18. Listen to the original with Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli and see how much Marcelito sounds like them and that is what this performance was about. Marcilito singing "Power of Love" is the same thing. I like the technical approach to your reaction .

19. Marcelito is not classically trained like Dimash. He is self-taught. Just imagine how good he can become if he is trained like Dimash

20. Hey, can you please react to the new and first filipino idol group SB19 trained by koreans. Please please please 🙏🙏🙏

21. Amongst all the reactors i watched reacting Marcelito's performance, you are the least shocked while hearing him sing both parts. Hmmm 😅😅😂

22. Mixed language song, English and Italian, his Italian is quite good, but then Italian is one of the easiest languages to pronounce for a non native speaker.
    Hardly any difficult sounds to produce.

23. CHECK OUT HIS VERSION OF POWER OF LOVE

CHECK OUT HIS VERSION OF ENDLESS LOVE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MBSIZtlfGk

CHECK HIM OUT WITH BEAUTY AND THE BEAST https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTpazAJYhY

CHECK OUT HIS LIVE VERSION OF DESPACITO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6DWFqoaedY

CHECK OUT HIS LIVE VERSION OF NARITO AKO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk3ADnVd4LM

24. Just to let yoy know he sang that on ellen show and an event on i dont know what country it is but he performs infront of many foreign people xd like a party idk

25. If you haven't watched it yet or listened to it and you just heard it, you're just listening to it. You will really think that there are more than one singer singing the song.

26. Hello!!! Can you also react to SB19 Go Up Dance Video and 2x speed Dance Challenge? They are the First ever pure Filipino K-Pop or rather P-Pop group in the Philippines and they are trained by a Korean Entertainment (ShowBT) who branched out in the Philippines as ShowBT Philippines.. let's give them love and support cause they deserved it!!! Kamsahamnida! SB19!!! Fighting!!! 💜💜💜👆👆👆

27. Hi im a new subscriber of your chanbel thank you for your reacting to marcelito pomoy..please react to katrina velarde she is also a filipino singer im pretty sure you would enjoy each of everyone of them..more power to your channel!!!

28. Thanks so much for your reaction
    I have a great video which i hope you will find time to watch and react also, thanks

29. He is pure talent, I doubt if he can read notes nor cared about it, in the Philippines it is called doble cara duet with yourself and never taken seriously until Marcelito made it big.

30. I know you’re an expert but he is a man and you expected more for a woman’s voice! You’re an idiot that’s why 👎! Your sarcastic smile as the singer switched from female to male voice adds more to your ignorance! Poker face!

31. React to tnt boys singing listen and I am telling you in the compettion in US called the world best they join in this show and dimash is also part of this show

32. He has almost no time to breathe when he switches so his breathing can't be very deep, he doesn't need much air. Caleb is nice and doesn't mention some tiny not important glitches in intonation here and there and that makes it human. It all sounds very warm. Dimash is so young and yet unbelievably mature and perfect, but it's because of that for me like a bit more distant compared to Marcelito.

33. ONLY USING CAPS FOR ME TO SEE BETTER – HE'S NOT COUGHING AT THE END. PEOPLE HAVE SAID HE SWALLOWED A GIRL TO SING LIKE HE DOES. SO, AT THE END, HE IS THROWING UP THE GIRL.