First Look: OWN’s Mega-Church Drama Greenleaf l Greenleaf l Oprah Winfrey Network

Posted By on August 31, 2019

MUSIC -The prodigal’s daughter returns. MUSIC -You gave her away! -THAT is enough! MUSIC (APPLAUSE) -Oh! Has God given me a message for the people of God today! -You better tell that little side-piece to stop texting you so damn much. -You charmless whore. MUSIC -Mama, do you love me at all. -If I thought your uncle did anything to you… you think he’d still be alive? -I be damned if Imma let everything I’ve worked all these years for slip through my fingers. -This time, brother, you goin’ down. MUSIC

1. Shirley Caesar singing drew me in. Oprah hasn't acted with Lynn since Women Of Brewster's Place, and Keith David since There are no children here so you know this go be good.

2. This series states that it's based on Greenleaf a megachurch in Memphis, Tennessee. This is not true there is no megachurch by that name in Memphis, Tn. Google it for yourself don't be mislead and fooled , if you google any church by that name in the Memphis, Tennessee area you will find a very small church located in a small town off Fite Rd. don't be deceived.

3. I love this show! 3 episodes so far & it leaves you wanting more! Love the cast and the story lines! Thumbs up! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

4. I watched the pilot yesterday and I liked it! I will stick for the rest of the season.

Plus, Gordon Freeman's companion!

That can only means something: HALF-LIFE 3.

5. Oprah I love your success and respect you but I've watched the first four episodes of Greenleaf and I am disappointed. The level of negatively coming from a hand full of individuals in one family unit its too unrealistic. There are no redeeming characters and to suggest its a portrayal of the black church is an exaggeration. For one family to have so many parts that are unique but equally dysfunctional (in terms of baggage and issues) is laughable. I feel that in a climate of negative images that are the reality to everyday ethnic minorities, we need to be reinforcing positive images or at least outcomes. Everyone else has been doing it for years, hence the position of superiority, which starts in the mind and our perceptions. Are the subject matters raised in Greenleaf and the battles the family members face real truths for some… yes. In any walk of life….. yes. In any large church… yes. In any large institution….yes. In one family unit…. Bye girl…. really….. NO. Too negative for me. Too ratings driven, by throwing every taboo subject in that is humanly possible and it demonstrates Oprah's detachment from the lives of everyday people. And to insult our intelligence they adding a detective/investigate into the mix! Thatโ€™s when I had to stop and walk away. Oprah, Greenleaf is nothing more than a burnt Jambalaya of ideas. Leaving a bitter taste in the mouth and a desire for something more refreshing.

6. I would love to watch the full episodes of the Greenleaf movies please how can I get them please reply thank you.

7. It looks so interesting. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Is it possible to watch it with french subtitles please ?? Has somebody have the link ? Please ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

8. One show i wont be watching googled the trailer as came up on Netflix. Look each to their own but I've got no interest in 'god' or religion in general n a show based around mega-churches where the pastors take millions tax free off their congregation and live in million pound mansions just for "speaking the word of god" I don't give a damn about.

There's a lot of great original shows out there and I really don't care about stereotypical shows about religious black families cause not all of us believe in god

9. Opera is amazing in this… I feel her strength and passion in dealing with such a difficult issue; sexual abuse. I've always looked up to Opera and have missed her so much- I'm happy to have her back.

10. Oprah, I shed tears the way you acted in episode 13 in Greenleaf. I've never seen such meaningful acting in years. It's the screen you act with Mae 11mins left in the that episodes. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

11. MEGA CHURCHES put one dollar in the envelope they dont need money,you pay they play,i drive a hooptie they drive a Bentley pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

12. my wife and I gave this show a go, but by the time we got to episode 7 we stopped watching. It got stupider and stupider as the story unfolded.

13. I love you LYNN ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

14. Comecei a ver essa sรฉrie ontem na NETFLIX Brasil,e estou simplesmente viciadaaaa, estou adorando demais!!! Louca jรก pela segunda temporada!

15. This show is a subtle attack on Christianity and I hope Christians see through it. Every moral Christian in this show will have their character compromised and eventually destroyed. This is what secular people do.

16. CourseOprah has to do a mega โ€œchurchโ€ show so she can make THE CHURCH look bad. Weโ€™re on to you Oprah. Jesus is AWESOME! Weโ€™re all sinner saved by grace! Not perfect so try again. Bye ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ

17. This is the doctrine of Balaam. Dress up the church like the world to attract the world bring the Harlot in to mingle with my children. Music TV screens. God said I am the Alpha and the Omega he never mentions anything in between cuz it a void the age of Darkness the church.

18. Ooooweeeee….I see alot of yall church folks…bible thumpers….and jesus lovers are not likeing this one…..

I love it….the AWAKENING IS REAL
    YOUR JESUS IS FAKE…HE DOESNT EXIST…
    YOUR BIBLE IS NOT THE INSPIRED WORD OF AN ALL KNOWING…ALL LOVING….PERFECT GOD….BUT THAT OF A HUMAN….USING THIS BOOK TO CONTROL OTHER HUMANS.

JUST STOP AND THINK REALISTICALLY….WE NEVER QUESTIONED THAT BOOK GROWING UP….WE NEVER QUESTIONED THAT RELIGION GROWING UP….WE NEVER QUESTION THESE BIBLE VERSES GROWING UP…WE NEVER QUESTIONED THESE PASTORS GROWING UP…WE JUST FOLLOWED BLINDLY….

NOW WE ARE IN THE AGE OG INFORNATION…OUR CHILDREN ARE NOT FALLING FOR FAITH AND BELIEF OVER KNOWLEDGE…EVIDENCE…AND PROOF.

IM GLAD THIS SHOW HAS BEEN CREATED….ITS TIME WE WAKE UP…ESPECIALLY BLACK FOLKS…

WHY DO YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT JESUS AND THAT BIBLE THAN YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR OWN HISTORY?

WAAAAAKE UP!!!!

19. Black people need to give religion back to those who gave it to them. The day black people stop believing in fairy tales and invisible men in the sky is the day they will finally rise out of the collective slump they have been in for the last several hundred years…. ( wake up)

20. This series is so fake, they want to mislead people and lead them astray from God. Because not once, I actually saw them pray, talking about tactics of the enemy etc. And showing reality. This is just drama finished. They call out Gods name but Gods spirit is not there nowhere, nothing. Fulltime enemy work.

21. Hey guys,if you are a believer and you really want to know what goes on really in the church.watch this piece on Netflix and you'll learn Alot..Thank you Oprah

22. Only or rather mainly watching this for the character "GiGi/Grace Greenleaf"! She got me hooked, she got me addicted. To be honest I can't say it's not because of her looks! She's the most precious thing I've seen in a long time