Earth Day 2013: The Earth Is My Church

Posted By on December 21, 2019

When I put on my Sunday best I proceed to get undressed My holy temple requires no clothes No high heels, no pantyhose I’m not trying to be malicious Heretical or sacrilegious I’m not an atheist, it’s just the reverse I’m a human soul on a spiritual search The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth comes first I don’t need no preacher man No Sunday school, no master plan No fiery hell, no mighty sword No oxy-moronic “holy” wars I don’t have to bash the Bible All I need for my survival Is the sun, the sea, the sky, the dirt And that’s the whole story, chapter and verse The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth comes first At one with nature’s innocence The dolphins and the elephants I kiss the trees, embrace the sky I harmonize with the butterflies Freedom is the final fruition Of the fate of the human condition Corruption of religion is history’s curse Universal love’s the only vision of worth The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth comes first The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth is my church The earth is my churc�

1. Earth/Esterlla [Origin Name] is no one temple, but her own; we to build our own places within our own minds. Frame Works & Ideals of Building within are but steps; not absolution's when ALL is Eternal & not a Set Understanding. Evolution within all angles & Evolution Discerned; obviousism Apply'ed. T.P.W.

2. @WorldPantheism Both lyrics and artist is at kathmandau dot blogspot dot com slash 2011 slash 04 slash earth-day-2011-earth-is-my-church dot html

3. thought of showing this to a friend and i typed “the earth is my church”, and this one showed up, didn’t realized, that this is one of your upload, as admirer of your channel. somehow i got it saved and piled up on my bookmarks. anyway, thank you very much for this uniting song for humanity, it’s not being sacrilegious as it says but celebrating of how it is to be alive…

thank you also for providing the lyrics from your blog

4. @miTUBO11 Thank you, my friend. I agree with your perspective. The song speaks of our sacred connection.
    Glad to hear the expanded info in my blog was useful.
    blessings and wonder,
    CG

5. 17 March 2012
    kathmandau, this is a singularly MAGNIFICENT SONG! I have been listening to it for the past week. I CANNOT get enough of it. This is the essence of the world that we live in. It is a philosophy that my Grandfather, native people, Cherokee from Red Hill, Virginia instilled in me from infancy when I was 2 years of age. It is a spiritual journey, a quest to make things right in the natural world, it begins and ends with the Earth. It is our foundation, lifeblood. Best, Thomas "cat"

6. 17 March 2012
    When the earth is tampered with, the universe knows. When the butterflies disappear, wheen the fish die in the streams, lakes, rivers and oceans, we know that we have NOT done right by the planet. It is incontrovertible. Keep the Earth alive, Respect the Earth. First EARTH! Always and Forever. When the buffalo disappeared, verdant green forests that grew rampantly over the land, gone, love the EARTH. There is much still to do . We must do it, whatever it takes. best T "cat"

7. @dadhiltonmps I am honored by your kindness, Thomas. Thank you.
    You were blessed with that introduction into this life, the wisdom of your Grandfather.
    Endless blessings and wonder to you, my friend,
    CG

8. @dadhiltonmps Agreed, T "cat"…. "There is much still to do . We must do it, whatever it takes."
    Peace and wonder,
    CG

9. This YT embeded again @ WeAreWideAwake
    April 8, 2012: THE JEFFERSON BIBLE: A Rational Christianity and Earth Day 2012

10. Brother…this is the best video ever!
    Very inspirational and motivational
    and I pray that everyone on the planet
    gets to experience this video. What
    really mesmerized me is that many
    years ago, this was my moniker on
    Yahoo 360…The Earth is my Church!
    What synchronicity abounds on Our
    Great Mother eh?
    Blessings to You Brother, Always!
    Mitakuye Oyasin

11. LOVE Y-OUR MOTHER! Worship & CELEBRATE! Give to Mother Earth as She has given to ALL of US! Make EVERY DAY EARTH DAY! Thank you for a beautiful video! Be Blessed & Blessed BE! LOVE Zeeva

12. Estoy de acuerdo, amigo mío, amar y proteger a la Madre Tierra.
    Bendiciones y paz a vosotros, y todo lo que apreciamos,
    CG

13. ~ mine as well. the earth is my church. nature, love, music ~ the biggest treasures … here for the taking … wonderful … and … free :o)
    happy earth day ~ today ~ tomorrow ~ the day after tomorrow ~ the day after the day after …
    thank you for this dynamic presentation!
    hugs, karin

14. I suppose all things come in the appropriate time, my friend–perhaps because this was a good day for me to spend some time seeing the beauties of Holland on your page….Thank you.
    Peace and endless wonder,
    CG

15. THis is nice but the music doesnt fit the topic if youre talking about earth as a place for us to live in where we have to take care of it

16. Thank you, my friend.
    The song matches my intention very well–the earth (all of it) is my holy temple.
    peace and wonder,
    CG

17. This is the song playing on your channel the first time I ever came here. STILL that makes me want to raise my hands to the sky & encompass all that is around me!