Crash Course Business: Entrepreneurship Preview

Posted By on August 13, 2019

Hi! I’m Anna Akana and for the next 17 weeks,
I’ll be your host for the second half of Crash Course Business. So let’s talk about entrepreneurship! “Entrepreneur” feels like a buzzword that
businessy people throw around, like “synergy” or “NextGen.” And I’m gonna say it about a thousand times
for this series, which can make any word feel like it’s losing all meaning. But it has a pretty clear definition: if you
see a need in the world and take a financial risk to fill that need… you’re an entrepreneur! Congratulations! I’m so proud of you! You know, I didn’t think of myself as an entrepreneur
when I started doing the whole YouTube thing, and at first I was making money other ways
too. But I decided to take the risk, put in a lot
of work, and do the art-acting-writing-music-YouTube-etcetera thing full-time. And now I’m a small business owner! A real-life entrepreneur! Everyone’s path is different, and because
entrepreneurship involves a lot of risk, it’s okay to be nervous. And it’s okay to fail. We’re gonna talk about how to tackle the
scary stuff head on, and how to learn from failure so it doesn’t turn you into a smoking
burned out husk of a human. Over these 17 episodes, we’ll start with
the seed of any business — a good idea — and talk about how to ask for help and grow it
into a whole thriving entrepreneurial venture. We’ll cover big-picture concepts like how
to get helpful feedback, scope out your competition, develop customer relationships, and start
making money. And also what the heck to do after you start
making money! Plus, we’ll make sure to translate all the
entrepreneurship jargon and legalese along the way. You’ll be throwing around terms like “value
proposition” and “minimum viable product” like a pro. And you’ll know the difference between C-corps,
co-ops, and LLCs. How entrepreneurial is THAT! Our goal is to help you achieve your goals. With a little grit, determination, and luck,
your dreams or hobbies could potentially become a whole career. So join me next week, as we start our journey
by asking who entrepreneurs are, and how you might forge your own path to start a business. I’m Anna Akana, this is Crash Course Entrepreneurship,
and I’ll see you then.

1. I saw the thumbnail and was like waiiiit is that Congress in that cat backpack? Is Anna going to be teaching this course? That would be so cool but probably it's some vague reference to something else, let's see… so I'm so stoked rn

2. Idk why by the camera angle seems slightly off to me compared to other cc videos. I wish it was a bit lower.

3. I have a Certificate(associate equivalent) in Entrepreneurship so this will be interesting to watch. 🙂 maybe learn something new!

4. Ana Akana :
    How to become an entrepreneur 101 : Date Ray William Johnson and spam your youtube channel to his subscribers

5. A good business idea is essential but not sufficient. I found to be motivated I need to be in love with the idea, to want it first, before money.

6. Instead of getting a real entrepreneur, or business experienced person, you get a famous youtube face to get views. How this channel has fallen.

7. Yay finally entrepreneurship from someone who actually knows stuff and is successful, instead of some failure who decided to start teaching and doesn't actually know anything (like I had in my bachelor and master….)

8. 90% of the comments talk about ana akana from the thumbnail
    9.9999% of the comments hide that they are talking about ana akana from the thumbnail
    0.0001% of the comments talk about 90% of the comments talking about ana akana and how you know that
    HOW CAN YOU PROVE THAT A WOMAN THAT ONLY 1% OF PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT HAS BEEN INTRODUCED TO AN EDUCATIONAL CHANNEL

9. No, when you identify needs PEOPLE WOULD PAY FOR … and take a financial risc investing in it, you're an entepreneur. The bit about people paying is the important part. If you are a youtuber, you are basically content production outsourced from Youtube. It's about the cashflow. Advertisers => YT => Content Creators. I really hope you're not going to do the whole….follow your dreams, be ethical and make the change you want to see happen thing. In California that works because there's a lot of liquidity, but most people aren't that lucky.

10. So if you have to take a financial risk to be an entrepreneur, then if any your losses would be repaid by say the government or a rich Daddy, then are you actually taking a risk? Can you be an entrepreneur if you're gambling with other people's money with zero negative consequences for you if things don't work out?

11. Can't believe I just came for cats in bags and ended up being identified with the word "Entrepreneur". Waiting for the next videos!