Atheist Experience 22.45 with Tracie Harris & Aron Ra

Posted By on May 24, 2019

1. Why do caller's who actually watch the show keep calling using same bad habits. Johann has to know that no one except him speaks Klingon for 20 minutes.
    Then you get the "wow I'm getting an echo".
    Then you get those who STILL don't understand delay and not to have show going on in background.
    Then you get "did the screener tell you why I called?" Have you EVER heard a screener or anyone ever speak? Or how about hearing everyone else tell the host why they called. Still with the screener.
    Then all the times the SAME CALLER call in multiple times starting with "why don't you believe in God?" When it's the same hosts.
    Then Kalam.
    Then the caller thinks he has the answer that no one else has

2. This is the "Johann needs to stop calling thread", right? Over and over and over, he calls, talks for 25 minutes of him speaking a sentence, saying where he got it from, who's original idea it was, followed by him saying "right?" At the end of sentence turning it into a question, in order to make host feel like what he said was common knowledge.
    Then he starts speaking his second sentence. Starting another same process.

3. In regards to fibromyalgia. It is a broad spectrum term used where there is pain with an indeterminate origin, people can be diagnosed via exclusion of other causes and there is multiple routes of treatment which can be effective dependent on many different variables.

Some people develop fibromyalgia from a trauma they have suffered. This can infer those of a physical, biological or physical nature and they may respond best to treatments which suit that initial trauma. So, some people recover when given pain killers and lots of rest after incurring a physical injury such as a car crash. Some people recover when provided with CBT to help deal with the physiological effects of said car crash, it may also require both as a holistical approach.

There may be those who experience a medical issue which leaves them with fibromyalgia, such as an infection or disease even after the disease has been treated. They may respond to various different methods of pacing or coaching as well as other drugs which affect the way the body processes sugars.

Some people don't ever recover and no treatments are effective. There is however another option which helps some who may have also responded to direct psychological help or practice such as CBT. This is the use of 'faith' healing or alternative medicine. The testimony however isn't conducive that the healing works in a supernatural precept, but because the mind of the patient believes that it does and this power and strength of belief can overcome the pain they are suffering.

4. The first caller made my head hurt. Just a wild guess about what he was getting at with all that perception talk: we cant exist without an outsider who is observing/perceiving us (god)?

5. I really like the last caller even if she may did not drop her beleifs she still is kind hope she can live a GREAT LIFE.

6. UMM IM NOT A BELEIVER BUT IN THE BOOK OF JOB THE WORD SATAN IS A TITLE GIVEN TI THE ANGEL WHO OPOSES GODS PRAISE OF JOB AND ASKS TO TEST HIM.

7. Having worked in a Las Vegas sports book, I understand the way the scam works.
    I tell 100 people that I can predict the outcome of a game.
    I tell 50 of them A will win, and 50 people that B will win.
    50 people are happy and come back to bet on the next game. A certain percentage of the "losers" will give me another chance (depending on the circumstances of their loss, the closer the game, or the more bad refereeing in a game, the higher the percentage) and come back and bet on the next game.
    Of those that come back I will tell 1/2 of them A will win, and the others that B will win.
    1/2 of them (plus a certain percentage) will be happy and come back again and pay even more on th next game.
    I can do that until I run out of games or marks.
    When I start with a population of 350,000,000, I can make a whole lot of money without knowing ANYTHING about sports.

8. Faith healers are really good at curing psychosomatic illnesses.
    Faith healers are really bad at curing bacterial, viral, or physical illnesses and disorders.

9. Johanan has an argument for God. He's been talking now for what feels like 1153 years and he hasn't given an argument. I would have stopped him after 30 seconds and said what is your argument? Give me your argument. You said you have an argument. Why are you spending all this time avoiding giving any argument?

10. Did Johanan ever write that thesis blog post? I'd love to check it out and see if he actually had any sense to make

11. There is so far no cure for fibromyalgia. However fibromyalgia can come and go somewhat- I have an extreme case -sometimes-other years I have not had as much problems altho I still always have some problems. The humidity and air pressure effect it. I moved into an old house with real plaster walls which absorb water and I had the worst year of my life!

12. 45:08 Tracie – "I'm not super smart" Tracie my dear, I beg to differ. I have seen more than enough evidence to convince me of your intelligence.

13. I think I figured out Jon's real intentions. He just wanted to make a bunch of atheists hit themselves. Think about it – it's nearly impossible not to facepalm yourself into oblivion during that call. Checkmate atheists.

14. 33:34 I've been listening to this discussion for like ten minutes now and he still hasn't got to the point where god comes in… I mean, the discussion in itself is a rather interesting one even though he keeps making things more complicated than neccesary, but i thought this argument was supposed to lead to the conclusion "therefore god" at some point. And at this point i can't see any other way to get to this conclusion other than a huge argument from ignorance right at the end and seriously, this basic fallacy is just not worth the wait.

15. This episode was unique because there is no one as unique as AronRa. He made all other co-hosts seem vanilla by comparison.
    There was an interesting dynamic between Tracy and Aron. Tracy was definitely a bit uneasy about Aron's bluntness. A quality I'd not seen before. It was certainly amusing to see her facial expressions.

It was a little like good cop bad cop, but the callers did phone into an atheist show, that is known to take no prisoners.
    It was like if the caller was in the studio, Tracy would be gently holding their hand explaining her point of view calmly but forcefully, Aron, on the other hand, would be shaking the person and explain his point of view by shouting in their face.

They wanted an atheist's view and they definitely got what they wanted. It'll certainly be a phone call they never forget 🙂

16. OMG, one of the best shows because of the way it ended. Almost made me cry.

This is all we have, so we have to make the best of it. And doing that means leaving a lasting impact on someone else.

17. I believe the church is an institution set up to take money from gullible folk. I think it’s own “priesthood” don’t believe its claim of an immortal soul or heaven/hell. If they did, they wouldn’t be abusing all those little kiddies.

18. If you thoroughly wholeheartedly believe in something, with no reservations; you don't need any corroborating evidence. It has to be true.

19. I couldn't IMAGINE watching this show for nearly 2 hours.

What happened to atheists saying "Golly, our message is so SIMPLE."

And…constantly comparing themselves to theists – often with vile remarks – and saying that they're "freethinkers."

Um, okay. The ego is an amazing thing, lol….

20. Also want to say Free Thought Blogs forums are NOT Freedom of Speech oriented. They can and will censor you. They will ban you for "wrong think".. so conservatives are not really welcome, even respectful ones. Why because even your respectful views are "wrong think."

21. The discovery of soft dinosaur tissue debunks evolution also Mark Armitage who discovered a really good specimen of soft dinosaur tissue was wrongfully fired and he won a lawsuit of $400,000 for being wrongfully fired for his discovery

22. Rather than saying pray for people to be healed or whatever why don't you pray on dice? Much easier for people to perform, say Roll two 6 sided, something like 20 times each.
    Then pray that you will roll double ones, and compare the results, would show chance is equal, etc. Just think everyone can at least perform that, obviously you may get some people being successful on it, but if they then run the test again it'll prove it's nothing more than chance

23. Why are they making arguments to authority? (you need to prove it to the national institute of health and the world health organization). Haven't they noticed that authorities like these will gladly mix fact and fiction to suit the needs of the wealthy and powerful?

24. If the bible is proof that God exsists, does that mean my book the hobbit proves that hobbits, elves, dwarves, and dragons exists? To say that the bible is truth. And that it proves that God exists seems really asinine. Besides what the bible has written in it what proof is there of God? It seems to me that God only exists only in the minds of mankind.

25. I don't think you dealt with the qualia caller very well. It's fine to disagree with him of course, or suggest it's an inappropriate topic for the show. But being dismissive of something that frankly you don't understand very well is not a high point for the show.

26. Well the beer does have a mind…. Doesn't yeast and grains, and hops have some form of cell that replicates.. Gooo fungi. goooo!

27. aron… i am so sorry to hear about ur granddaughter… I'm pretty sure you both deserve a case of beer just to get through the show

28. The first caller is word salad in a bathtub… Drizzled in honey, mayonnaise, sh*t and a sprinkle of seasame seeds.

29. 37:00: end of the first caller. Because that was long boring and a waste of time. But the last call was amazing.

30. What about the cure for the common cold
    If you take it when you have a cold, I can almost guarantee that your cold will be gone in 7 to 10 days.
    It’s a miracle. Lol

31. Has anyone heard the story of the parents who let their kids die due to faith healing. Their first kid had some disease and instead of taking them to the doctors, they said "well fuck it, GOD DO THE WORK" and that kid died. They weren't charged with anything. They had a second kid, got the same disease (I believe it was the same), did the same thing and that kid died. And the parents only got I believe less than 2 years. They deserve double involuntary manslaughter for allowing their kids to go through all of that pain and die.