Atheist Experience 22.23 with Tracie Harris and Matt Dillahunty

Posted By on May 24, 2019

1. Joel from Atkins, Alabama–like a Little Leaguer going to bat in the major leagues. He has no idea what he's doing out there.

2. To Sam. We are not losing by any means. They recognize the battle. You can see it with the religious freedom/rights bullshit being passed by a country with a godless constitution. The U.S. of all places is popping religious kooks making stupid religious themed statements. Comparing trump with jesus. They are being beaten so bad they like trump. Education is the key. We are alive to be part of the beginning of the end for this nonsense. It will take decades at the very least.

3. WRONG….You were born a baby incapable of choosing what you were….your parents chose that you were Muslim because of where you were born….now hang up

4. Religion makes good people do bad things….the ultimate proof is religion itself…the only topic mass amounts of people choose to deliberately be insane about…they drive relatively normally, they don't often do insane things with their money, they believe everything else they learned in school and completely understand the laws of the land and then they turn around and believe man made up fairy tales on purpose to be in the club…on ANY OTHER topic or issue they require the same proofs and verifications we demand. ONLY religion can make them deliberately choose to be insane while never doing so for any other topic.

5. Amed falls for a random guess too easily. "The sky is either shrinking, static, or expanding. It's definitely not shrinking from what I can tell, I'll write down that I think its expanding, I must be an envoy from god!"

6. I enjoy watching all the hosts. I just wonder how much aspirin they need to take after all these horrible arguments for God. I had a headache after the first guy.

7. Every time I watch this show, I am exposed to totally new batshit concepts that I had no idea people believed.
    It's both depressing and fascinating, yet always entertaining.

8. 1:57:49 – Sorry Christians are not the strongest consensus on the planet, out of 7.9 billion people 1.8bio are christian or jews, 1.7 billion are muslim, 1,1billion are hindu. 7,9-4,6 = 3.3 billion people who have no god. that is where the consensus is.

9. The brain is a 16 billion neuron powerhouse of computing power. So naturally the first thing you should do is handicap it with religious malware.
    "not my guote"

10. Just watch the movie called CASE FOR CHRIST 2017 a real life story of an
    atheist journalist who found "sufficient evidence" as scholarly evidence
    about the Bible being a reliable book. It's an amazing movie. I'd
    highly recommend it because you will see how much sufficient evidence
    there is that proves a supreme being exists known as God story. You will
    get a lot of legitimate sources. I mean…scholarly sources. Just watch it and take some notes if
    you are really seeking "sufficient evidence" but if you already made up
    your mind without cross examining the evidence. Then don't read my
    comment and move on. The movie is not for irrational closed minded
    individuals or intellectually challenged.

11. To my understanding, Islamic philosophers (e.g., Ibn Tufayl) followed the Greek conception of the cosmos as consisting of concentric spheres with Earth at the center, and that the heavens rotate around the Earth but are otherwise unchanging (i.e., not expanding). Before digging into the Quran for versus that resemble facts as we currently understand them, why not start by learning what the Islamic scholars thought about it at the time?

12. Amazing that even a sceptical muslim can come up with this nonsense. His quotation is so vague it could mean virtually anything. For him to say "that is pretty clear" is amazing – it's not clear at all. And this is the relatively sane end of the spectrum! You can just imagine the more typical occluded mind-set.

13. I would recommend a book on how the nervous system works for this caller. He is confusing normal neurological functions with mysticism.

14. The verse in tge quran was akmost universally tranksated i a way that didnt mention an exoending universe until translations made after Hubble's discovery. The uniberse is referred to as anexoanse. Of xourse the flexibikity to infer different menaings has neen used to fix the neaning of the quran to actual scientific knowledge. Plenty fo earlier translations made before Hubble dont mention expansion at all.

15. Sorry Matt. You seem to be a victim of dogma created out of the Nicene Creed in the 4th century by a pagan Roman Emperor.. The Jews appointed to develop this 'New' Universal Church vehemently disagreed with its findings as they could not accept a plurality of gods. Jesus may have been his Son, but not God himself.

16. I get it. The asteroid that settled it for the dinosaurs was deliberately aimed at the earth so burrowing mammals could survive and develop towards us.

17. more than 67% of Mankind REJECT the jesus myth! they either have their own gods, or they have no gods.

18. That is an impressive and brave man to be calling this show from Pakistan. I sure hope he remains happy and free to hold his own facts and truths.