Armin Navabi: The Poison Pill of Islam (Part 1 of 2)

Posted By on September 11, 2019

As a kid, I was really scared about going
to hell. Like, the concept of Hell was really frightening. One thing I remember doing, is that I took
a match, and I light it on, and I blew the match out, and I put it on my arm just to
see how it feels. It was really hot, and I remember thinking
“This is too painful”, and then I imagine, “Imagine this all over your body forever,”
and I couldn’t even imagine how could anybody tolerate it. It so consumed me, that I remember crying
one time thinking about me going to hell, my parents going to hell, and I remember my
aunt coming to me and asking me why I was crying, and then when I told her, she mentioned
that, “No, don’t worry. Hell, most people are never going to go to
hell. Hell is for the worst of the worst people.” And that calmed me down for bit until I went
to school. This was before school, but the teachers in
school, in later years, they told us that actually, most people are going to end up
in hell, even most Muslims are going to end up in hell. If you missed one prayer, if you missed one
day of fasting, if you doubted God ever, you’ll have to pay for it. And I knew I still had a chance, because I
wasn’t an adult yet, and these things were not mandatory for me yet, but I noticed that
my parents were not praying, my parents weren’t fasting, and I asked my teachers in elementary
school. “So, my dad, my mom they’re going to burn
in hell?” And they were like, “Yes, they’re going to
burn in hell.” I tried to argue with them, I was like, “Is
there any way – like, they’re not going to listen to me, what can I do?” Like when they die, you could pray the prayers
that they missed, and do fast on the non-Ramadan days for the fasting that they missed. But while you’re catching up, they’re going
to burn in hell until you catch up to all their prayers. And the teacher actually, I remember, he took
a pen and paper and like, “How old is your mom? How’s old is your dad? Let’s say they die at this -”
And he added up all the prayers that I had to do for them not to burn, and like, we both
concluded that there’s no way I could catch up, so I would have to pay somebody to do
the prayers for them, so that they could come out of hell. So, like okay, so I have to get rich, I have
to make enough money so I could hire some people to pray the prayers that they missed,
so I make sure that my parents don’t end up in hell. In Islam, you are without sin until you reach
the age of reason. So, for boys, that’s 15, for girls, that’s
nine, according to what they told us in school. I understand later that some Muslims have
a different understanding of what those exact years are, some people say it’s just the age
of reason, there’s no specific number for it, but my understanding was, based on what
they told us in school, that before 15, anything I do is not counted as a sin. Suicide is a sin, but not if I do it before
age 15. So, I thought, if I kill myself before age
15, there’s only one destination for me: heaven. I wanted to make sure I got this right, so
I asked my teachers, “Why wouldn’t I just kill myself to make sure I don’t go to hell?” And the only comeback they had for me for
why I shouldn’t do that, is because if children die, they go to heaven, that’s true, but they
go to the lowest part of heaven. There are many different levels of heaven. The highest part is for the martyrs, where
it’s exactly next to Mohammed, where Mohammed is, but if I die as a child, I go to the lowest
part of heaven. They say if you earn heaven with good deeds,
then you go to a higher level. So, that’s why I shouldn’t kill myself, because
you could go to a better part of heaven. But I thought, ‘Who the fuck cares?’ I just want to not go to hell. I’m content with the lowest part of heaven. Why would I gamble? Why would I take a chance, even the slightest
chance of burning forever, even burning for thousands of –
Because they told you, like the smallest amount of sin will get you years and years in hell,
and then you go to heaven. I said, “I can’t take 10 minutes of burning.” Years of burning? Forget that. So, I jumped out of my school window attempting
to kill myself around age 12, to make sure I go to heaven, and I wasn’t successful. I remember seeing my dad cry, I saw my mom
going crazy on the ground, and she was so distressed, and my father, what I did to them
was so tragic, and I felt so bad, that I didn’t try it again. I broke both my legs, my left ankle, my left
arm, and I fractured my back. Luckily, I didn’t cut my spine. I was in a wheelchair, in my bed and wheelchair
for around seven months. I missed one year of school. When I took Islam more seriously, and started
studying it, the problem is that the concept of hell still stayed with me. As a Muslim, my parents were still gonna – even
though I thought I could avoid hell right now, when I’d reached 15 I was like, “Okay,
game on, I can’t miss a prayer anymore, I can’t miss a day of fasting anymore,” but
my parents were still not practicing Islam. Even though they were Muslim by name, they
were not practicing it, and they were going to still end up in hell. And I remember at home we watched BBC, we
watched Hollywood movies, and always, all I could think of like, that reporter, he’s
not a Muslim, he’s going to burn in hell forever. That actor that everybody seems to – everybody
here in Iran seems to celebrate that guy, but don’t they remember that he’s going to
burn in hell forever? I was like, how could all these people burn
in hell forever? I decided that I’m going to study other religions. Maybe they aren’t as bad. Maybe they’re kind of Muslim-light. I told myself, listen, Islam is proven by
logic and reason, so I shouldn’t be worried about examining Islam through logic and reason,
because at the end of the day, I’m going to come back to this conclusion. The more I looked, the more doubtful I got,
and I remember actually praying to God, I was scared, I was crying, I was telling God
that I’m going down a path, that “I’m losing faith in you, and if you’re out there, please
don’t punish me if I ever lose my faith in you. Please, anything, any sign, any evidence,
the smallest amount of miracle that you could send me my way, I appreciate that. If you’re there, talk to me, say something,
do something. I’m losing you. You’re the only thing I have. You’re my only friend, my only refuge, talk
to me, anything.” And nothing. When I lost my faith in God, I decided that
even if God is imaginary, I’m still going to talk to him, because he was the only thing
I had. But I couldn’t – once I realized that I’m
the creator of this god that I’m talking to, and sort of him being my creator, the conversation
became much less meaningful, and much less rewarding than it used to be. So, my talks with him became less and less,
and eventually it completely stopped, and I called myself an atheist at that point.

1. Suicide in Islam is haram no matter what age you are. Your islam learning is not the real islam. How all of you so called was a muslim even thinking to suicide. If you have any heart at all seek for truth.

2. Another Iranian "Shite" which they are selling out as "Mulsim"! When do this western orientalists learn that Shiism is a Religion and Islam is another religion.

Anyway I would believe some part of his story, this poor guy had to deal with some fool shiites who didn't teach him the Religion of Islam rathet some nonsense of Shiitisim.

3. I feel so sorry for him. He asks allah for signs so, of course, he received nothing. Ask the one who can give you answers. Yahusha said there will be no more signs and that it is a wicked generation who will ask for them without knowing or accepting Him. The signs have already been given. When you can recognize what the days of Noah look like, you will see more signs than want. He is coming soon. Only Yahusha can protect you. He has no broker and no earthly representative. So yes, organized religion is a deceiver. It's between you and Him. Salvation is in Christ alone.

4. Thank you Armin. I got the same teachings about hell as a young child at a fundamentalist Christian church. I remember having nightmares.

5. The muslim religion is about fear and guilt,not love. Horrible way to live.Praise be to JESUS🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

6. Most of young Iranians are atheist but in secret. Next generation will be an atheist generation, Iran will be as great as it was, when religion was a little part of life, not the whole life.

7. I really feel bad about you . But I guess the real issue was in your upbringing and not in you. You really didn't have an outlet for the doubts you had. One thing your parents forgot to say which is EXTREMELY important is that EVERYONE doesn't go to hell. Your sins will be weighed against your good deeds and you will go to heaven if your good deeds out weigh the bad. So what you gotta a do is try to do good everyday , make someone happy , help them , that way your good will out weigh any sin that you committed mistakingly. I feel sorry for you man , no one should be put into so much pressure with half hearted knowledge. I hope you are happy right now and living a happy life 🙂

8. The concept of hell is by far the worst form of psychological abuse humans created to inflict on fellow humans. What kind of God is going to damn u to hell for eternity for not practicing religious practices. Soooo stupid. Like why does good need the threat of hellfire. Such a joke these monotheistic religions are

9. Very powerful testimony. I'm glad he is free from the anxiety and psychological trauma of hell fire.
    Arman as long as u are a good person in this life, then ur life after death will be good if life after death even exists. It's based on good deeds, not religious practice.
    Truth is life after death is pretty much how life was before birth.

10. This dude is literally a survivor of Islam. A survivor of trauma. Hats off to you, friend. Your resilience is inspiring.

In solidarity,
    Fellow ex-Muslim

11. Armin, I am 100% sure–based on my personal experiences alone and with other people who genuinely love the Lord–that Jesus did spill His blood to free you/us from sin. All you have to do at first is ask, and the Father will provide you with faith while your heart is turned asking. From then on, it is up to your faith that Jesus is risen from the dead to keep conquering attacking sin in daily life. Conquering sin in daily life is for quality of life and living in the Light. Your initial asking for Jesus to live in you and thanking Him for His blood will save you from hell. I worried just as much as you over hell. I worry no longer. I can't unbelieve in the Lord, even if I tried. I have seen Him and I know Him. He is wonderful!
    The New Testament is the word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. Use it. Turn to it daily. And remember, we have an enemy who has conditioned our minds, through culture, sciences (some fake), philosophers (many satanic), education (probably meant to lead astray), so doubt will abound. The deception is expected. This may sound laughable to the unbelievers because, who wants to start worrying about hell after all? But, I know the Lord is true and that we have an enemy. So, I can see how your mind might be filled with questions after reading the NT.
    Please, say a prayer for yourself addressed to Jesus.

12. The most poison religion islam god these arrogant fuckers fuck your religion honestky fuck your religion go back to the desert u came from and fuck yourselves

13. 02:14 WHAT THE FUCK IS THE TEACHER TEACHING? THATS NOT ISLAM. SCREW THE INTERNET. ITS SO FUCKING EASY TO SPREAD BULLSHIT AND FEED PEOPLE WITH WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR.

14. Moste of the people who are comentting did not read the quran and giving judgments blindly ,i think the real athiests do not accept blindly what they see till the look and and find the the proofs , another point i think ,it is not easy to come and say that God does not existe every one of us has a relative truth about the universe we still looking ,so nobody has the right to answer this big big question easly and pretend to have the absolute truth ,even the moste big scientists who are still studying the universe years and years say that they don't know they can't answer that question ,so for the people who are denying the existance of God come with an absolute truth about this universe about , about the mathematical patterns like fibonacci ,golden ratio ,Pi number ,… in the universe and then we can accept your claims !!!

15. I just started Was watching this video.. but allready i know he is iranian. they wud sell there own mom for asylum.iranians are shia. They Was never muslims and never Will be muslim.

16. قُل لِّلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا سَتُغْلَبُونَ وَتُحْشَرُونَ إِلَىٰ جَهَنَّمَ وَبِئْسَ الْمِهَادُ

Say to those who disbelieve: You shall be vanquished, and driven together to hell; and evil is the resting-place.

17. You a blatant liar Allah have putted a prostitue in the heavens just because of one a favor she had over a dog… just to show you how merciful Allah is … to be honest I really want to have your contact or try contacting zakir naik , dr shabir, mufti menk, bilal philips if you’re really looking for an answer…. I think you just staying behind the cameras to say all your little lies is a proof that you’re ignorant AF

18. Look prophet Muhammad’s uncle too died as a kafir and Allah said to the prophet he can’t do nothing about it , prophet Noah whose wife and son died as kafirs and Allah told him he can’t do nothing about it… Prophet Ibrahim’s father is an idol worshiper and died as a kafir so Islam is not About what you’re parents are doing it’s about you and Allah ,
    I really wonder how you got this popular with your silly mindset lol wish you should educate yourself more on Islam before opening your mouth to accuse, swear, mock, or make jokes about Islam lol , questions are always 💯 welcome 😁😁 salami,alaikum

19. Atheism can live in world of now
    So forget worrying about life after death …. so enjoy life and no commitment to your creator as there is none

20. Allahh is not God, islam is false religion. But there still is true living God. Hell exist and heaven also. Many ex muslims have find true God and have saved by Jesus. Here is testimony from 3 ex muslims who are now saved. Christianity is ment to be personal relationship with Jesus, our Savior. Read the Bible, it is true word of God. Qoran is false. End of this video can find contacts, so who want can hear more about Jesus.
    If you search in youtube "ex muslim meets Jesus, or… saved by Jesus", you can find many testimonies more.

21. Lol.
    Allah is the best judge.
    There are many stories in Islamic traditions about peoples who never prayed even a single prayer and went to Jannah, and there are stories of peoples who prayed their entire life but due to their arrogance and some thing which Allah dont like, Allah will burn them in hell.

So it is upon Allah, Allah dont need your prayers.
    It is for you.
    If you dont pray and believe in Allah and do good deeds, you will be in Heaven.

Allah is raheem.

And people who didnt get the message of Islam, will not be questioned by Allah.

22. All wrong concepts:- The knowledge of this person about Islam is from his school teacher. Dont you know that God is merciful ? What will God get after making you burn in hell ?

23. Armin Navabi, hell is a real place and all who are not written in the lamb's book of life will be cast in hell. Hell a terrible place. God did not create hell for man but rather for the Devil and his angel who rebel against God. But good and bad person are in hell just the same. the reason they are there is because they did not accept God's way of Salvation. If you haven't been born again just like Nicodimus in John 3:3-5 you too will not escape hell. But if you accept Jesus Christ John 1:12 "But as many as received Him (Jesus) to them God gave them authority to become the sons of God.". Romans 10:9-10. God loves you and even if you are atheist you still have a chance to change your mind, as long as you have breath God's grace is available, but when you breath your last,  God's grace expires on you.  then you will end up in hell. Psalms 14:1-2 ' The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." whether you say there is no God!" or whether you say No to God you end up a fool and fools end up in hell. Prov 14:12There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Rev 21:8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and
    murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. I Cor 6:1And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. Ephsian 5:8For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light. remember there is still hope !!! for you.

24. if i am a rapist and rape all the woman i met and kill all of them and die as a martyr for Allah. In heaven i have a penis that never weakens and 72 virgins to have sex with plus i have sexual boys to…
    In Christianity basing it on this verse..
    1Cor 6:9,10
    9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God?Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts, 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will not inherit the kingdom of God.…

in Allah's heaven approves sexually immoral and men performing sexual acts with boys (And round about them will (serve) youths of perpetual (freshenss): If thou seest them, thou wouldst think them scattered Pearls.)

25. I LOL'ed at @4:28…because the second he said his teacher commented "Well, you could go to a better level of Heaven if you live", I thought "Who the fuck cares? At least I'm not in Hell burning for all eternity!".

26. Every one will see the signs when the sun will rise from the west, but it will be too late to repent to return or accept. May Allah guide us to the right path.

27. Your parents are the problem and the Muslim people that were in your community not Islam, I don’t know who you met , and your facts are incorrectly

28. How stupid is he , he gets his facts from imams , they are not scholars study the actual Quran , it’s called the internet , your past is full of miss information

29. I would like to be positive about this. I was a Born Again Christian. Not anymore. But I am not an athiest. I still believe in a good God. I just think there is more after this body of mine has died. I do have a spirit and it will not be trapped by the promises of Heaven or Hell. Prayer is not an un-healthy thing. I am glad to be happy and alive and I know there is more but it is not about me doing the right thing.

30. What he learned about Islam as a Muslim is inaccurate and that stimulated him to become an atheist I blame his teachers

31. There is a huge misunderstanding here. Why didn't you ask why? Or how people in hell can stay there forever? Why you construct ur own opinoin about something that you dont even understand? Wallahi! The more you learn about islam, the more you fall in love to Muhammad, Qur'an and He who create us. Allah Subhana Hu Wata'ala.

32. Everytime you broke the rule even when you under 15 yo, that still counted as sins. But your parents will get those sins, the reason is you still young and it's your parents' job to tell you the truth so you won't get lost.

33. Poor man .he still look afraid talking about it now.They use religion for low political reasons .I hope u told ur parents why u did it ! they should have beat the hell out of this criminal teacher!

34. You should be jailed for extremism, racism discrimination misleading information, false identification and you need a mental check i think there is something severley wrong with you no wonder your voice is so ugly and you cant even speak properly lol why dont you worry about your own life and stop worrying about other peoples beliefs you disease

35. Missing a prayer or a day of fasting doesn’t mean you’re going to hell nor anyone can say or know if someone is going to go to hell. That teacher is beyond stupid

36. Y’all have had some efffed version of Islam taught to you! I’m a Muslim and have a fair balance of goodness and evil in me …

We’re sickin’ tired of your what’s-wrong-with-Islam stories!

37. All Gods said by religion are imaginary, but true God is love, truth, justice, and the nature that consists of everything.

38. Hell is there as a deterrent. Lol.😂 Regardless, Sharia Law will be established on the Earth whether you like it or not.🤞🏿

39. I think he gay. From experience people left Islam because
    1. They Gay
    2. Want to be Lessbian
    3. Bad family
    4. Don't understand Islam
    5. Sexual disfunction
    6. Don't believe in polygamy and don't want 72 juicy Virgins.

40. The only guys who talk bad about them ex religions is ex muslims , we know a lot of Christians they are athiest now , they do them things but never make this clames , it have nothing call sharia law .

41. Mate dont confuse your shiaism past with islam. Your beliefs are shia not mainstream islam. I love islam so much so much that i would not replace it with any thing in this world. Iran is not a muslim country, its shiites, deaigned and engineered to exactly produce people like you. Our allah is so merciful that i pray and praise him, not out of fear but out of love. You cant blame islam but your upbringing and past life. You have arrogance in your heart and allah does not like arrogant people. Allah does not need you or me. If you are sincere then come to london, i will host you and we have a tone of brothers who can help answer your unanswered questions in your head. Peace.

42. I used to wish that Israel would send their planes and drop a bomb that could kill me, or that i would get run over by a car and die before I am held accountable for my deeds. But my drive for life as a kid was so great that the possibility of killing myself never occurred to me, it must have been horrible for Armin.

43. I am an atheist secretly I act as Muslim just to piss of Indians who are occupying my country. The only thing kills them is the existence of Kashmiri Muslims.

44. There is a Sahih Hadith where Aisha and Muhammad are at the funeral of an infant and Aisha says happily the baby will be one of the birds of paradise. Muhammad says maybe not so. Aisha objects because the child is too young to have committed any sin. Muhammad corrects her and says Allah decides who will be the inhabitants of hell when they are still in their father's loins and decides who will go to paradise when they are still in their father's loins.~ Salvation in Islam has nothing to do with your deeds. Allah decides before you are born where you will end up regardless of how you live your life. So, what's the point?

45. This man did not understand Islam fully, and now giving interview from pessimistic and melancholic view. He did not understand the love of Islam and love of Allah and his prophet Mohammad (s.a.w)

46. Every time I see footage of Imam Rally's,after Friday prayers?,they start the death chants.As they show footage of the crowd,I see an amazing lack of enthusiasm.This is among the most ardent supporters of the madness that is Islam.Seems very telling.

47. Exchange Mormon for Muslim and that's my story. The childhood feelings, the depression, the fear… All of it.

So glad I engaged critical thinking skills. I finally gave myself the religious inoculation and became an atheist.

So glad I'm not alone.

48. Your  held  accountable  in  life.  For  every  action…..don't  water  your  flowers  they  diedon't  take  care  of  your  car  and  house  it  falls  apart.  You  think  it's  differentafter  death?  The  whole  universe  is  based  on  this.  Just  because  it's  not  instant doesn't  mean  it  aint  so.  We  see  what  evil  brings  just  look  at  the  world  today you  like  this  Godless  world  do  you  if  so  your  going  to  love  it  shortly  it's  aboutto  hit  lows  like  never   before  seen.  No  morals  nor  respect  at  all  for  human  lifethe  crimes  against   children   human  trafficking   on  huge  scales.  Yea  just  let  it  runwild.  To  compare  islam  to  other  beliefs  is  beyond  stupid..  They  are  forcing  islamon  everywhere  they  go  they  want  total  control  so  they  can  make  everyone  muslim.You  people  can't  seem  to  separate   that  can  you?  You  just  want  no  religion  ofany  kind  to  hell  with  what  others  want  and  you  can't  see  how  evil  and  ignorantthat  is.  People  will  not  give  up  their  religion  whatever  it  is. You  would  force  it  ifyou  could  just  like  the  muslims  are  doing.  No  difference  between  you  two.  Youbelief   isn't  required  you  base  all  your  beliefs  without  a  shred  of  evidence  no  onecan  prove  you  right.  Your  may  be  forced  to  become  muslim   thanks  to  the  leftbut  that  would  be  the  only  religion  because   "Do  unto  others  is  just  awful  topeople  isn't  it.

49. Am I the only one who did a cynical 🤨when he said that he could pay his way out of it by getting other people to pray for him?

50. Totally made up Bull-Shit!!

This guy actually lit up a match and attempted to burn him self out of curiosity to just to feel how hell was like!! Sounds like your mind was unstable since you was a kid!!

Let me make you feel better when you die and you are buried which direction is hell up or down !! My son you going down

A team of scientists has measured the melting point of iron at high precision in a laboratory, and then drew from that result to calculate the temperature at the boundary of Earth's inner and outer core — now estimated at 6,000 C (about 10,800 F). That's as hot as the surface of the sun.

51. There is no concept of hell in Dharma Religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism). They teach spiritualism.
    Proud to be from India.

52. This is one of the biggest problems with Islam; it’s a guessing game in terms of whether not you’re saved from eternal damnation. I don’t have that problem because I believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins of all mankind.